Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

My .02 Assesment

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

I think the big problem we face is our lack of confidence. Our team is standing around with shoulders slumped, going through the motions. It is clearly a coaching issue. Our players do not enjoy the game that they are playing. Brian Hill has lost his team. They are tired of his boring style of basketball, and his Napoleonic complex that he displays day in and day out. There is a time and place for the coach to get overemotional, but Brian is a bit ridiculous. We need a better style that is fun for our young players to play. Defense is important, but we need to focus on pushing the ball and scoring. We have an amazing athlete at the Center position that should be wearing these older big men out, but we pound the dribble, while Shaq or Duncan pant more oxygen into their lungs. We need an energetic coach that these players can laugh with. They need to enjoy showing up to the RDV to practice. I think Darrell would be a great coach. What ever happened to Larry Brown? What about plucking an assistant from Phoenix?

We definately need to make a few roster moves this off season as well. There is no need to have Jameer and Carlos. So we need to evaluate their values and decide who we should trade.

Grant Hill.....arg... If we resign this guy or even let him play for free we are making a huge mistake. Can we, by this point, admit a mistake and cut ties with a nice guy.

We need a defintive scorer badly. Vince would be very nice, but I won't beat a dead horse.

I don't think we sould resign Keyon and I wouldn't mind seeing Turkoglu traded. There are some nice young athletic free agents that will be in our price range and I think we should look closely at what we can obtain. We have some nice young pieces to a puzzle that we need to sit down and figure out how to assemble. Show us what you got Otis!!!!

Nate, you've made some valid points but none more important than the point guard issue. Jameer should be used as an offensive spark off the bench, like Earl Boykins. The orginization should find a better point guard who actually knows how to play the position, to be their starter. If Javaris Crittinton decides to declare for the draft this summer I'd do everything possible to get him.