Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I had a problem w/ aisle attendants at Magic games...anybody else?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Somewhere else, Bobby Fuller is turning in his grave.

AHHHHHH i fought the law

you should have said sonny curtis and the crickets were tuning up lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

AHHHHHH i fought the law

I didn't want to just give it away from the get go... and The Clash remake was always my favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

AHHHHHH i fought the law

Or just said Fuller was tuning up. It's a little hard to guess that a cover is the song you're thinking of when the band doing the cover has far more famous songs. It'd be like saying "Somewhere, Pearl Jam is tuning up" as an oblique reference to Last Kiss.

I had a problem with the attendants to. Durring the preseason , i had lower bowl seating on the magic bench side in row J...

Im a smoker and i was in military uniform that night at the game. I went out at the end of each quarter and at the half to go burn one. and the same lady was there she asked to see my ticket every time i came back so i can get to my seats. I was the only person there in military uniform from what i could see. This was my second game in the preseason i went to and the lady had to recognize me as many times as i went down but at the start of the 4th i forgot my ticket and my father was down in the seat. She would not let me back down to my seat and the fans close to here where like " Thats rediculas you see him come and go , everyone here has!" so i had to ask a fan to go down to row j and get my father to bring my ticket up so i can get past.

i was pretty mad , needles to say the time i went back out near the end to go use the restroom before the mad rush off people when i came back i used the next aisle and just went accross the seats.

Maybe she had strict orders to make sure no one gets past her without a ticket...

To help keep random people away from the railing.

lol

Additionally, sure, she might recognize you, but they also have to make sure you aren't giving your ticket to someone else so that they can come down and occupy a space that is not theirs.

For what it's worth, I have had tickets on the baseline side of the visitor's tunnel since day one. I can not tell you the number of times, that towards the end of the game, people have started crawling over me to try and get to the rail to see the players - many times obstructing my view of the game in progress. I have also had a couple of times where "fans" were literally fighting over a head band thrown into the stands by the tunnel. I for one am happy about the enforcement. I don't like to have to push and shove my way up the aisle to get home after a game.

As for the enforcement, it has been in place for quite a while, but has been considerably stricter in the past two seasons.

And BTW, I find my aisle attendants to be quite personable and friendly.

I have not really had an issue this year. Any time that I attend a game I get there early to snag some autographs of the home and/or away team. They let us go up to the rail and hangover as long as a player is on their way to or in the tunnel. Once the player has moved on, we have to step back to the seats.

During one of the preseason games this year I had lower bowl right by the Magic's tunnel and went to it after the game without any issue.

On to this issue...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Things to be taken away:

1. TV privileges: CHECK

2. Aile greetings: CHECK

3. OCTB: Under evaluation

Add peanuts to that list. Apparently they don't sell them this season because of liability issues and people being allergic to them (at least that is what I have been told twice by two different people), yet they sell peanut M&M's. Go figure.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

First off I've got season tickets and I relocated this season...I am now down near the Magic bench and very close to the tunnel where the team goes in and out of the lockerroom.

The problem started at the first game I attended this year which was the Russian game in the pre-season...I had my kids with me and I was thinking that when the game was over I'd take my kids over to the rail to try and give Dwight a high-five...in fact we stayed all the way to the end of the blowout Magic win because my kids were pumped up about said opportunity.

As the last few seconds ticked off we started heading over to the rail when we were cut off by the aisle attendants...there was hardly anybody left at Amway...the aisle attendant told us to keep moving...I said people have been standing at this rail to wave at the Magic players every year I've been a season ticket holder...he said not anymore...I said come on man, these are young kids...he said sorry.

By that time the handful of people that were still there could see what was happening and started booing....I looked across to the other side of the rail and that side had people leaning on the rail but the guy on my side wouldn't let people do it...I reminded him that fans have doing that for years and he said not on my side...I was not a happy camper...I reported the incident to the proper people.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but every magic game I see in person and on television the aisle attendants won't let anyone stand by the rail anymore...either on the Magic side or the visiting team side.

I was at the Wizards game which was a blowout and most people had left and the few that hadn't started moving down towards the rail with less than a minute to go in the game to take some pictures...the aisle attendants refused to let them near and told them to basically get out...people started booing them again.

I watch a lot of NBA games either in person or on TV and every game I see I see people down by the rail standing and cheering for their team...except at Magic games where we aren't allowed.

Questions:

1.) Shouldn't a team that is struggling at the gate be a little more fan friendly?

2.) Has anybody else had a similar incident they would be willing to share?

As I said...the Magic have always allowed fans to stand by the rail when the team is coming or leaving the tunnel...what happened? Why has this changed when I see fans in other arensa enjoying this priviledge?

By the way, I am in contact with the proper people and am in the middle of filing a complaint and trying to get it changed...anyone that wants to join in just let me know.

I have finally gotten my seats down by the rail and the aisle attendants are stealing some of my family's fun...lastly, I was told today by people at the Magic offices that the aisle attendants are not employed by the Magic but by the city itself.

If you wanns help me complain I've got the number.

Hey Junkie,

Not all the attendants are like that. There is one guy there who thinks he works for the frickin secret service - taking his job a little too serious and I agree he needs to mellow.

I have been to every home game except one and preseason - I didn't renew my season tickets this year though, but I have been picking up very good tickets for most games - changing seats. What section are you in this year? I'll have to stop by and say hello.

I just think it is the luck of the draw if you have an attendant that is being ridiculous it is annoying.

I like the way Jameer has been playing as of late - Stan needs to get them mentally right though still. They have talent. And, Dwight is looking solid as is Pietrus.

Talk to you later - going to the game tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

First off I've got season tickets and I relocated this season...I am now down near the Magic bench and very close to the tunnel where the team goes in and out of the lockerroom.

The problem started at the first game I attended this year which was the Russian game in the pre-season...I had my kids with me and I was thinking that when the game was over I'd take my kids over to the rail to try and give Dwight a high-five...in fact we stayed all the way to the end of the blowout Magic win because my kids were pumped up about said opportunity.

As the last few seconds ticked off we started heading over to the rail when we were cut off by the aisle attendants...there was hardly anybody left at Amway...the aisle attendant told us to keep moving...I said people have been standing at this rail to wave at the Magic players every year I've been a season ticket holder...he said not anymore...I said come on man, these are young kids...he said sorry.

By that time the handful of people that were still there could see what was happening and started booing....I looked across to the other side of the rail and that side had people leaning on the rail but the guy on my side wouldn't let people do it...I reminded him that fans have doing that for years and he said not on my side...I was not a happy camper...I reported the incident to the proper people.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but every magic game I see in person and on television the aisle attendants won't let anyone stand by the rail anymore...either on the Magic side or the visiting team side.

I was at the Wizards game which was a blowout and most people had left and the few that hadn't started moving down towards the rail with less than a minute to go in the game to take some pictures...the aisle attendants refused to let them near and told them to basically get out...people started booing them again.

I watch a lot of NBA games either in person or on TV and every game I see I see people down by the rail standing and cheering for their team...except at Magic games where we aren't allowed.

Questions:

1.) Shouldn't a team that is struggling at the gate be a little more fan friendly?

2.) Has anybody else had a similar incident they would be willing to share?

As I said...the Magic have always allowed fans to stand by the rail when the team is coming or leaving the tunnel...what happened? Why has this changed when I see fans in other arensa enjoying this priviledge?

By the way, I am in contact with the proper people and am in the middle of filing a complaint and trying to get it changed...anyone that wants to join in just let me know.

I have finally gotten my seats down by the rail and the aisle attendants are stealing some of my family's fun...lastly, I was told today by people at the Magic offices that the aisle attendants are not employed by the Magic but by the city itself.

If you wanns help me complain I've got the number.

Hey Junkie,

Not all the attendants are like that. There is one guy there who thinks he works for the frickin secret service - taking his job a little too serious and I agree he needs to mellow.

I just think it is the luck of the draw if you have an attendant that is being ridiculous it is annoying. Junkie you tend to be extreme with the painted face, running on the court in the middle of play, the screaming, throwing objects on the court, mugging players, etc. LOL - Really you couldn't be a nicer guy and for some bozo to give you a hard time - it is just very bad business - there is tactful, repectful and being a fan - you are all of that and if they have problems with you then they have problems. I'd bring it to the attention of the Magic staff - not that they'll listen to fans, but they are hurting a bit with some stupid moves - not listening to fans and the tv fiasco.

On another note, I have been to every home game except one so far this season and no preseason -I didn't renew my season tickets this year though, but I have been picking up very good tickets for most games - changing seats. What section are you in this year? I'll have to stop by and say hello.

I like the way Jameer has been playing as of late - Stan needs to get them mentally right though still. They have a lot of talent. And, Dwight is looking solid as is Pietrus.

Talk to you later - going to the game tonight.