Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Lee's Magical Contributions - Hoopsworld

Adjusting from life as a college star at a mid-major program to a rookie in the NBA is about as easy solving a Rubik's Cube blindfolded. Doing so while learning to play a new position makes the task all the more daunting. Make the change to point guard, which is widely considered the most difficult and important, position on the floor and you find yourself in the shoes of Orlando Magic first round draft pick Courtney Lee.

"I think he's sort of different from what you'd expect out of rookie guards," Van Gundy said, "because I think he's ahead at the defensive end of where he is at the offensive end and that's pretty rare in this league, particularly for guards. He's done a great job defensively, both on the ball and in our team concepts. He's just got to get more of a comfort level offensively because he's still a little bit tentative."

"We're definitely going to need him," point guard Jameer Nelson said. "He's been stepping up, he's been getting minutes lately, and he's been doing a good job. He can score the ball, but also he's athletic enough to guard a one or a two, which helps us out a lot."

"Coach focuses on defense a lot, so I was just kind of letting the offense come to me early on," Lee said. "Now that I know he wants me to step it up on the offensive end . . .no problem! (smiling) I can definitely do a little more scoring."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10628

Looks like we got a WINNER here...

I'd love to see him progress fast so we can shut-up those that say we don't develop our players.

ONLY IF THEY"RE WORTH IT !!!

Adjusting from life as a college star at a mid-major program to a rookie in the NBA is about as easy solving a Rubik's Cube blindfolded. Doing so while learning to play a new position makes the task all the more daunting. Make the change to point guard, which is widely considered the most difficult and important, position on the floor and you find yourself in the shoes of Orlando Magic first round draft pick Courtney Lee.

"I think he's sort of different from what you'd expect out of rookie guards," Van Gundy said, "because I think he's ahead at the defensive end of where he is at the offensive end and that's pretty rare in this league, particularly for guards. He's done a great job defensively, both on the ball and in our team concepts. He's just got to get more of a comfort level offensively because he's still a little bit tentative."

"We're definitely going to need him," point guard Jameer Nelson said. "He's been stepping up, he's been getting minutes lately, and he's been doing a good job. He can score the ball, but also he's athletic enough to guard a one or a two, which helps us out a lot."

"Coach focuses on defense a lot, so I was just kind of letting the offense come to me early on," Lee said. "Now that I know he wants me to step it up on the offensive end . . .no problem! (smiling) I can definitely do a little more scoring."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10628

Looks like we got a WINNER here...

I'd love to see him progress fast so we can shut-up those that say we don't develop our players.

ONLY IF THEY"RE WORTH IT !!!