Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

We are finally backt to being a bad team with bad contracts where we belong!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

You did mean Foyle was a bad contract...didnt you? If we were paying him 4o cents per point made it would still be a bad contract. I know he is not paid much (by nba standards) but he is a waste of a roster spot with no ability to improve. If you like his contract you must have loved garrity's, acres and sassers deals too. Ditto for Johnson and Wilks.

Making $700,000 is considered a good contract because we can dump him whenever we want. $700,000 is an acceptible price for a waste of a roster spot. Its also an acceptable price to pay for a player not on the roster after being waived.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

It's not about how many games we have played this season. I think the Magic have gotten off to a fine start. I am looking at the entire body of work. I don't think Otis has made good moves. I don't know why he gets a free pass. I am not *****ing about the moves I am simply saying that they were bad moves. If anyone can justify these contracts I would like to hear it. His job is to get the best players on the floor at the best price and win games. He is losing that battle. His job is not doing a good job.

a lot of bad fans...i seriously doubt you were whining like a child last year when our 'jump shooting team' was headed to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. Now you're jumping ship after 7 games. Peace out, this team needs fans like you like it needs a sexual harassment suit.

Also, calling a team w/ dwight howard on it a jumpshooting team is beyond retarded. Learn the game of basketball, then try and make an intelligent commentary.

Intelligent???? Where did I once say anything about jump shooting????? I'm not talking X's and O's. I am talking bad contracts. Plain and simple.

i was referring to kramer's post in that part...should have quoted him.

So, were you whining like a child when we just got down making toronto our b!tch last season?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not about how many games we have played this season. I think the Magic have gotten off to a fine start. I am looking at the entire body of work. I don't think Otis has made good moves. I don't know why he gets a free pass. I am not *****ing about the moves I am simply saying that they were bad moves. If anyone can justify these contracts I would like to hear it. His job is to get the best players on the floor at the best price and win games. He is losing that battle. His job is not doing a good job.

a lot of bad fans...i seriously doubt you were whining like a child last year when our 'jump shooting team' was headed to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. Now you're jumping ship after 7 games. Peace out, this team needs fans like you like it needs a sexual harassment suit.

Also, calling a team w/ dwight howard on it a jumpshooting team is beyond retarded. Learn the game of basketball, then try and make an intelligent commentary.

Intelligent???? Where did I once say anything about jump shooting????? I'm not talking X's and O's. I am talking bad contracts. Plain and simple.

So, were you whining like a child when we just got down making toronto our ***** last season?

Come on....the Raptors were 41-41. We SHOULD have whipped them the way we did. I love the Magic, but right now we don't have a championship team on the floor. A playoff one? Yes, but there's more to the NBA than playoffs....

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So, were you whining like a child when we just got down making toronto our ***** last season?

Come on....the Raptors were 41-41. We SHOULD have whipped them the way we did. I love the Magic, but right now we don't have a championship team on the floor. A playoff one? Yes, but there's more to the NBA than playoffs....

Rome wasn't built in a day...you're all a bunch of chicken littles. It's been 7 F'ING GAMES, They lost to Atlanta who's 6-0, Portland who's a playoff team in the west and Memphis (the only bad loss). If they go 0-3 on this roadtrip, then i'll be concerned. Until then, you all need to relax.

Are they a championship team? No, but what moves could they have made this off season that would have got them there? They have no trading pieces (despite what some seem to think, jj/cook isn't going to bring in a pf or pg we can use), they had a late draft pick and they had very little $ to spend. Building a championship team takes time...especially when you're not allowed to go over the lux tax threshold.

quote:

Rome wasn't built in a day...you're all a bunch of chicken littles. It's been 7 F'ING GAMES, They lost to Atlanta who's 6-0, Portland who's a playoff team in the west and Memphis (the only bad loss). If they go 0-3 on this roadtrip, then i'll be concerned. Until then, you all need to relax.

Are they a championship team? No, but what moves could they have made this off season that would have got them there? They have no trading pieces (despite what some seem to think, jj/cook isn't going to bring in a pf or pg we can use), they had a late draft pick and they had very little $ to spend . Building a championship team takes time...especially when you're not allowed to go over the lux tax threshold.

i think that's exactly what the OP is trying to say. lewis' and nelsons contracts are pretty much untradeable. shorter and cheaper deals are much easier to deal even if the player sucks.

and as you said, we don't have a championship team, we don't have any trade assets, we don't have to money to sign new player (we won't be able to use the MLE if we don't want to pay the task)... i wouldn't be surprised if we lose hedo in the offseason for nothing. it doesn't look good at all.

@OP

you totally have a point. just, there are some fans who start bashing you whenever you say something bad about the team. everybody who says a bad thing about the magic is an idiot. sorry, but that's clear homerism!!! face it guys, the magic aren't a contender and our "robins", lewis and turk will be 30 by the beginning of the next season. they'll decline and before dwight will be ready (shaq won his first at age 28), they could be just bad contract, impossible to trade.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:

Are they a championship team? No, but what moves could they have made this off season that would have got them there? They have no trading pieces (despite what some seem to think, jj/cook isn't going to bring in a pf or pg we can use), they had a late draft pick and they had very little $ to spend . Building a championship team takes time...especially when you're not allowed to go over the lux tax threshold.

i think that's exactly what the OP is trying to say. lewis' and nelsons contracts are pretty much untradeable. shorter and cheaper deals are much easier to deal even if the player sucks.

and as you said, we don't have a championship team, we don't have any trade assets, we don't have to money to sign new player (we won't be able to use the MLE if we don't want to pay the task)... i wouldn't be surprised if we lose hedo in the offseason for nothing. it doesn't look good at all.

@OP

you totally have a point. just, there are some fans who start bashing you whenever you say something bad about the team. everybody who says a bad thing about the magic is an idiot. sorry, but that's clear homerism!!! face it guys, the magic aren't a contender and our "robins", lewis and turk will be 30 by the beginning of the next season. they'll decline and before dwight will be ready (shaq won his first at age 28), they could be just bad contract, impossible to trade.

You missed my point, building teams takes time. You all expecting things to come together this season and us being a championship contender just because of our improvement last year is laughable. Teams don't make two jumps like that in consecutive seasons. To listen to some of you, you would think we are a lottery bound team without any hope whatsoever. The first sign of trouble, you all sound the alarm and act like children who are tired of their new toy.

btw...i'm done with this argument because there is no chance of me talking sense into some of you and i'm wasting my time...i'll leave you with a number, an expletive and a word followed by a suggestion.

7 ****ING GAMES!! Relax.

Let's be clear, I love this team. Watched almost every game since 89'. The sky is not falling, but we have NO bench, none. Courtney may be good in a couple of years, Boguns is desent, battie is average and Anthony is 34. And say what you want but Reddick got his chance and completely **** the bed. What I know is we have no money to go get one.

It's not the point that Mcdysse won't go anywhere but the Pistons, the point is that even if he wanted to come here, we couldn't afford him.

We are not as good as we were last year because we replaced three productive bench players with one (two if you count Battie).

All I.m saying is that Boo has a point.

I don't think No'ma'am is even reading what I am saying. I understand we are only 8 games into this season. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS SEASON!!! You say Rome wasn't built in one day??? Well we took our shot at building it by paying Jameer and Rashard a lot of money and unfortunatley I don't think those two players will help us get to where we want to go. We paid too much for them, we can't move them, can't sign anyone because of them...I just think those are bad moves that will continue to hurt our hunt for a championship for the next few years.

and back to No'ma'am. Instead of making an *** out of yourself and getting all fired up, next time read the post and reply with something that applies to the original post and try to make it somewhat intelligent. I have probably been to over 400 Magic games so for you to say I am not a fan is a joke. I just don't like our recent signings...hate me for it.

quote:

I don't think No'ma'am is even reading what I am saying. I understand we are only 8 games into this season. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS SEASON!!! You say Rome wasn't built in one day??? Well we took our shot at building it by paying Jameer and Rashard a lot of money and unfortunatley I don't think those two players will help us get to where we want to go. We paid too much for them, we can't move them, can't sign anyone because of them...I just think those are bad moves that will continue to hurt our hunt for a championship for the next few years.

Actually, it means we're limited to Vet minimum contracts, the BAE and the MLE every year. Oh and trading expiring assets next year to team's clearing cap space for Lebron and friends; we will have roughly 14.79m in expirings next year, assuming Hedo opts out and we pick up Courtney Lee's third year(which both seem likely), and that's with the contracts of 4 players, only two of whom are in the rotation, and both of those players(Battie and Johnson) aren't exactly ideal backups.

quote:

and back to No'ma'am. Instead of making an *** out of yourself and getting all fired up, next time read the post and reply with something that applies to the original post and try to make it somewhat intelligent. I have probably been to over 400 Magic games so for you to say I am not a fan is a joke. I just don't like our recent signings...hate me for it.

your ignorance astounds me...look at the title of the thread assclown "a bad team" (you lose all credibility if you actually think we're a bad team) "where we belong" (you're probably not a very good fan)...jump back off the bandwagon cupcake, you're a waste of skin.

quote:

quote:

your ignorance astounds me...look at the title of the thread assclown "a bad team" (you lose all credibility if you actually think we're a bad team) "where we belong" (you're probably not a very good fan)...jump back off the bandwagon cupcake, you're a waste of skin.

That gets through the filter, but I can't say Mutumbo's first name? Criminal.