Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Without being noticed, Ariza does the little things for Lakers

quote:
For all the stat geeks, Ariza had a plus/minus of +34 Sunday night. Put that in your web browser and click it. Good things happen when Ariza's on the court, even if he doesn't always get his name called over the loudspeakers when the play is finished.

"He's like a ghost out there," Jackson said. "Like a shadow. Just all of a sudden he shows on a screen, he's gone. He's a blip and he's away."

quote:
"I'm the type of player, I like to be sneaky," Ariza said. "That's how I get most of my steals, hiding behind guys and at the last second jumping in front. I try to be a team player. Whatever the team needs me to do to help us win."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=a...e=ArizaLakers-081110

quote:
For all the stat geeks, Ariza had a plus/minus of +34 Sunday night. Put that in your web browser and click it. Good things happen when Ariza's on the court, even if he doesn't always get his name called over the loudspeakers when the play is finished.

"He's like a ghost out there," Jackson said. "Like a shadow. Just all of a sudden he shows on a screen, he's gone. He's a blip and he's away."

quote:
"I'm the type of player, I like to be sneaky," Ariza said. "That's how I get most of my steals, hiding behind guys and at the last second jumping in front. I try to be a team player. Whatever the team needs me to do to help us win."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=a...e=ArizaLakers-081110

i'm glad to see him have success and get some recognition. Hopefully he gets a ring. Too bad it wont be with us.

Imagine being the PG bringing the ball up the court and seeing Bryant & Ariza set up on D.