Sign in to follow this  
obamanation

THE OFFICIAL TRADE TURKOGLU IDEAS THREAD

quote:
Originally posted by mindcrhyme:

i have hard time getting the idea behind these threads sometimes.

i have been a loyal reader of this forum since hedo joined the magic, and surprisingly, even at his career season, it was all about "let's trade hedo".

Highly unlikely because these forums have only been up for about 2 years, and Hedo joined the team years before. BUT...this is a big But, for you to understand. Its not because we hate Hedo, his play, skills and abilities...I think all of us will say we like the guy alot and want to keep him here...But the problem is that the NBA and the way it works, it might just not be realistic to resign him.

He will want a lot of money, which he deserves, this is probably his last big contract before he retires. We do not have a lot of money to offer and the team seems reluctant of going over the cap and paying those fines. If we go far in the playoffs and Hedo is again a big part of it, he might get his contract, but if he is looked at as replaceable, then he is gone.

As long as the team improves, as a fan of the team, you don't care who comes and goes.

Its nothing personal to Hedo, or his fans, its just a business decision to make the team better.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Hedo isn't going anywhere. Otis will sign Turk to a similar deal that Stephen Jackson just signed.

you think so? I am pretty sure that Hedo is going to be looking for a 5 year deal or better if possible...this is his last chance to cash in...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Hedo isn't going anywhere. Otis will sign Turk to a similar deal that Stephen Jackson just signed.

you think so? I am pretty sure that Hedo is going to be looking for a 5 year deal or better if possible...this is his last chance to cash in...

Your right. I just realize that Jackson has 2 year left on his current contract. So Turk will most likely want a deal similar to the one Maggette got this summer.

Anybody interested in Carmelo for Hedo? =S

Carmelo + future 2nd round for Hedo + Cook + JJ works on the ESPN trade machine.

We'd have

Dwight-Battie-Foyle-Gortat

Lewis-Battie

Melo-Richardson-Lewis

Pietrus-Bogans-Lee

Nelson-AJ