Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

UCF Football Season Tickets - New Stadium

Ok, I know that there are some other UCF fans on the boards, but I am not sure if there are any other UCF football season ticket holders. If so, I'd like to hear from you. Specifically, tell me about your experience in getting your seats for the new stadium.

I picked my seats last week. For myself, it was a somewhat disappointing experience. I have been a season ticket holder for some time. I sat on the 40 yard line on the home side at the Citrus Bowl. Great seats. Now I will be sitting in the upper section of the new stadium on roughly the 23-24 yard line. I had the option of getting better seats on the visiting side, but that would have meant baking in the sun on the East side of the stadium during all of those afternoon games.

The dollar is king, so I understand why the school catered to big donors, even if they are johnny come lately's. But they still could have ensured that the loyal long-time ticket holders and donors got good seats by limiting the number of tickets purchased by the big corporate donors.

So, please share your thoughts on the UCF Season Ticket purchase process, the new stadium, or even our prospects for next season.

Ok, I know that there are some other UCF fans on the boards, but I am not sure if there are any other UCF football season ticket holders. If so, I'd like to hear from you. Specifically, tell me about your experience in getting your seats for the new stadium.

I picked my seats last week. For myself, it was a somewhat disappointing experience. I have been a season ticket holder for some time. I sat on the 40 yard line on the home side at the Citrus Bowl. Great seats. Now I will be sitting in the upper section of the new stadium on roughly the 23-24 yard line. I had the option of getting better seats on the visiting side, but that would have meant baking in the sun on the East side of the stadium during all of those afternoon games.

The dollar is king, so I understand why the school catered to big donors, even if they are johnny come lately's. But they still could have ensured that the loyal long-time ticket holders and donors got good seats by limiting the number of tickets purchased by the big corporate donors.

So, please share your thoughts on the UCF Season Ticket purchase process, the new stadium, or even our prospects for next season.

I am really excited about next season. I hope this years recruiting class can step up and contribute right away considering they are, according to most, the best class UCF has ever had. Hopefully this year can bring another trip to a bowl.

As for tickets, all the fun is in the student section. I am not quite sure how the pecking order goes for student tickets, considering previously it didn't matter as there was enough room for everyone. I know tickets for the Texas game in particular will be difficult. How do they go about giving them out to students? Would I, as a graduate student, get priority over all other students?

Either way, I am looking forward to next season.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

How do they go about giving them out to students? Would I, as a graduate student, get priority over all other students?

Good question...and I don't have an answer.

However, considering that for regular season ticket holders, the more you paid the better your seats, it should work the same for students. Graduate courses cost more tuition dollars than undergraduate courses, so you should get first dibs.