Sign in to follow this  
McMauler78

Harrington/M. Williams for Turk, Reddick and Cook?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Why do people have to overreact after a loss? We lose game 1, and all of a sudden trade threads pop up, threads about benching people, and so on.

Can we stop concluding things after just seeing this team play once. Can we at least wait a couple of weeks before we start nit picking.

Because it what we do around here. If we lose tonight we start the campaign to fire the coach. One more loss and we burn down the Magic's headquarters. One more....Armageddon.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Why do people have to overreact after a loss? We lose game 1, and all of a sudden trade threads pop up, threads about benching people, and so on.

Can we stop concluding things after just seeing this team play once. Can we at least wait a couple of weeks before we start nit picking.

Because it what we do around here. If we lose tonight we start the campaign to fire the coach. One more loss and we burn down the Magic's headquarters. One more....Armageddon.

The best part is, if we win tonight we'll be right back on track to championship glory. Then if we win again, we'll be the best team in the history of basketball.

People have some strange emotions around here.

I personally have not freaked out at all...I am extremely disappointed in losing the home opener, it was depressing in the arena during that game...I will admit that I got nervous watching the guys play out of sync...but I am confident that this team we have right now will grow and progress...we have to become one of those teams that does not lose to the lower end competition, the Magic have not been one of those teams in a while...not to crap on the Hawks, but they really aren't a middle tier or upper tier team in my eyes...it's all good...we will rebound tonight...i hope.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

we have to become one of those teams that does not lose to the lower end competition, the Magic have not been one of those teams in a while...not to crap on the Hawks, but they really aren't a middle tier or upper tier team in my eyes...it's all good...we will rebound tonight...i hope.

Sometimes a team just has another teams number. The Hawks provide a lot of difficult matchups for our squad. Think about it this way: With as terrible as the team played if the guys had just knocked down a couple of their opens 3s we are in that game right down to the stretch with a chance to win. This team just isn't going to shoot that poorly most nights.

Atlanta has always had Orlando's number...but there has to come a time, where those games are actually gimmies on the schedule...there will be nights where you just flat out lose to a team, no matter how good they are...but we cant have teams like ATL and Charlotte crushing us, it's not acceptable if we are going to make the leap...shooting 4 for 24 from the 3 is beyond horrid...that's why im not freaking out, I know we have capable shooters...

This trade is alright, but the Warriors declined to pick up Williams contract, and Harrington has a player option, so we would most likely lose both of them in the offseason. Otis should make a run at Williams next summer.

Also the Jazz declined to pick up Morris Almond option on his contract.

I think the team could use M. William as the 3rd point guard. If Van Gundy can get him to be in shape and play the right way, William may even be better than Nelson.

As for Harrington, an overrated player, who can't help his team. The Magic needs Hedo.....

No to the trade, Hedo is too valuable to the team.

quote:
Warriors coach Don Nelson responded to Al Harrington's trade request by saying, "If he wants to be traded, we'll try to accommodate him."

"[Harrington] thinks he's a superstar," Nelson said. "I think he's a very good player." There is obvious acrimony between player and coach, and we're not sure how this can end in anything but a trade. The Knicks and Pacers are both interested in Harrington, though other teams will undoubtedly make offers. Stay tuned, things are getting interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3677648&cam...&source=NBAHeadlines

Al Harrington will be the next player traded this season.