Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Orlando's window for winning a championship is open (Schmitz)

quote:
We should have a pretty good window for four or five years, anyway," Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I would say we're on the early side of it. I would say among the better teams, we're probably positioned for the long run as well as anybody."

So here they go, starting their quest in earnest: Howard, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu and Mickael Pietrus.

All the starters except Turk are locked into contracts until 2011-12 or longer -- and Turk is expected to re-sign.

quote:
Is This J.J.'s Time?

About the only intrigue left heading into the opener: Will the guy who's the star of a basketball shooting video ever get to shoot regularly?

J.J. Redick, the 2006 first-round pick, will find out quickly whether he's in the shooting-guard rotation after two frustrating years -- or Keith Bogans. Redick's preseason was stellar, but Van Gundy might use him according to match-ups, especially with Hawks star Joe Johnson in the house tonight.

Asked if Redick, Tony Battie and Anthony Johnson were his first three players off the bench, Van Gundy said, "That's a good bet. We'll see."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic29a08oct...,257471.story?page=2

Stan has a point, and that why resigning Turk is a must. This group of players the Magic has, is the best they had, since the Shaq and Penny days.

quote:
We should have a pretty good window for four or five years, anyway," Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I would say we're on the early side of it. I would say among the better teams, we're probably positioned for the long run as well as anybody."

So here they go, starting their quest in earnest: Howard, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu and Mickael Pietrus.

All the starters except Turk are locked into contracts until 2011-12 or longer -- and Turk is expected to re-sign.

quote:
Is This J.J.'s Time?

About the only intrigue left heading into the opener: Will the guy who's the star of a basketball shooting video ever get to shoot regularly?

J.J. Redick, the 2006 first-round pick, will find out quickly whether he's in the shooting-guard rotation after two frustrating years -- or Keith Bogans. Redick's preseason was stellar, but Van Gundy might use him according to match-ups, especially with Hawks star Joe Johnson in the house tonight.

Asked if Redick, Tony Battie and Anthony Johnson were his first three players off the bench, Van Gundy said, "That's a good bet. We'll see."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic29a08oct...,257471.story?page=2

Stan has a point, and that why resigning Turk is a must. This group of players the Magic has, is the best they had, since the Shaq and Penny days.