Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Guess what...No online games to be broadcast by Wdbo

Look what I found fans another knife put in our back...

Listening Online

The NBA does not allow us to broadcast the Orlando Magic games online. To listen online, you must subscribe to the NBA's pay service .

http://wdbo.com/magic/index.html

this is getting out of hand...

first they take away our TV...now our audio

I'm really beginning to hate the NBA...

Trust me I'm going to look for all the links I can find...

I'm tired of big brother {THE NBA} trying to run our lifes by trying to stop us from watching or listening to the games unless we go thru them !!!

i can sort of understand local but to stop not local fans from listening is beyond my realm of thinking ...All hail the NBA...

F... that.

join together guys and gals do what we can do to help our brothers and sisters that can't see the games or hear them now because of restrictions...

do both.

Look what I found fans another knife put in our back...

Listening Online

The NBA does not allow us to broadcast the Orlando Magic games online. To listen online, you must subscribe to the NBA's pay service .

http://wdbo.com/magic/index.html

this is getting out of hand...

first they take away our TV...now our audio

I'm really beginning to hate the NBA...

Trust me I'm going to look for all the links I can find...

I'm tired of big brother {THE NBA} trying to run our lifes by trying to stop us from watching or listening to the games unless we go thru them !!!

i can sort of understand local but to stop not local fans from listening is beyond my realm of thinking ...All hail the NBA...

F... that.

join together guys and gals do what we can do to help our brothers and sisters that can't see the games or hear them now because of restrictions...

do both.

Why are you calling the NBA "big brother" when they OWN the rights to the broadcasts. It is their property and they can do with it as they like. That isn't Big Brother.

Plus, isn't this how it has always been?

At least we got 2 thirds of the games last season online from WDBO ...

sorry these changes are killing me not for me but for those that have trouble getting games .

i get games no matter what but it's unfair to those...

they make these rules to brake these rules and try to keep the world in check...

It pisses me off when they have to much control.

it's not like we're murderers or hurting society...

we're just fans trying to root for our team.

i guess they really don't care about the worldwide fanbase as they say they do just the money.

people in other countries have to resort to other ways and sometimes breaking the law to hear or see a game cause they can't pay to see the game because of proxies or whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I see you weren't around when the term Big Brother was invented ...

it's all about big business controlling our lifes not just the government.

I may not have been around then but I am a well educated person in business. The NBA owns its product and can control how it is distributed. They are not "controlling" your life. You can choose to purchase the NBA league pass or listen to the game by other means. You can choose to want their product or not.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Like I said Ican ...but what about those that can't or don't you care.

I have my own business to and I don't say one thing and do another .

that's bull.

When do they say one thing and do another? Were the games ever broadcast online from WDBO's website?

Fans can find other ways of watching the game. Buy league pass, go to the game, buy DirectTV, watch it at a bar, go to a friends house, move to Orlando, watch it illegally.

There are many ways of solving a problem rather then complaining about it. The NBA has a right to do what they want with their product. That is not "big brother" that is protecting their product.

The nba is selling a product. why would they distribute it for free? when you get the free audio through their site, they will make money off web hits and traffic. the nba itself is not to blame for the tv mess w/ brighthouse/fsn. This thread is pointless as this is what wdbo does every year.

quote:
watch it illegally.

so that's the right thing to do

Were the games ever broadcast online from WDBO's website?

Yes they were for many years including Last season...

i used to post the link.

Buy league pass, go to the game, buy DirectTV, watch it at a bar, go to a friends house, move to Orlando

In other countries it's not offered or they can't get it due to proxies or whatever...

but the NBA says it wants to expand...

yeah ...

It's their right to sell their product .

but didn't Stern just say they were hurting financially.

no wonder why.

I never said watching it 'illegally" was right. I just said it was a way around your apparent upset over WDBO not broadcasting the games online.

Plus, you have yet to convince me that the NBA is being "big brother".

Didn't another poster above say that the audio league pass was free? What is wrong with listening to that?