Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Steelers Getting Fined - What Gives?

I am not a Steelers fan, but I love their mentality, especially on defense. Steelers players have been fined quite a bit in the last few weeks. In the link below, safety Troy Polamalu calls the league out and I absolutely LOVE what he has to say!

quote:
"When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people," Polamalu told reporters. "Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous."

However, Polamalu made it clear he doesn't defend players who take cheap shots.

"I didn't mean being cheap, but [those who] don't take anything from anybody," Polamalu said. "Know what I mean? Joe Greene wouldn't take anything from anybody. Joey Porter wouldn't. When people came to our field, they knew this was our home field. Nobody was going to mess with us. ... That's the type of attitude I think is really awesome."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3646392

I am not a Steelers fan, but I love their mentality, especially on defense. Steelers players have been fined quite a bit in the last few weeks. In the link below, safety Troy Polamalu calls the league out and I absolutely LOVE what he has to say!

quote:
"When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people," Polamalu told reporters. "Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous."

However, Polamalu made it clear he doesn't defend players who take cheap shots.

"I didn't mean being cheap, but [those who] don't take anything from anybody," Polamalu said. "Know what I mean? Joe Greene wouldn't take anything from anybody. Joey Porter wouldn't. When people came to our field, they knew this was our home field. Nobody was going to mess with us. ... That's the type of attitude I think is really awesome."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3646392