Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

dorsey blows it again...

From what i have heard Jordan was quite the butthole to his teammates. Im sure everyone would still love to have him on their team.

Why is all this talk about Dorsey on the Magic side of the Forum???

He does not play for us, or is not rumored to be traded to us???

Just wondering????

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Why are u so concerned about taking on his baggage if he's not on this roster?

im not, all i said is we could find comparable talent that doesnt come with the baggage. where is the concern there?

2nd, I've said multiple times I can appreciate not liking Dorsey or his game.

then why are we beating a dead horse, here?

It's your insistence on manufactoring facts to support your position I continually call you on and you have no reply other than more whining.

what facts have i manufactured? a whiner usually resorts to insults. looking at the flow of the conversation i only see one person that has been incapable of holding a conversation without resorting to insults/whining. you.

To claim Dorsey matched up with Arthur & was constantly overmatched defensively on the college level implies you are either blind or haven't watch him play. If you'd like to provide laundry list of examples where Dorsey was overmatched in college, have fun creating that list out of thin air.

it seems like you were the one that didnt watch the championship game my friend. i just referred to the play by play, and not only did atleast 1 of his fouls directly lead to ft's for arthur, but they were also playing during similar stretches of the game. theres physical evidence. i also saw darrell go right over and around dorsey several times for dunks and layups the whole game. and you can check out the espn highlights and they show atleast 2 clips of arthur scoring directly on dorsey, and to top it off dorsey sulked back down the court.

I saw him play against 4 1st or future 1st round picks last year including Kevin Love who was #5 pick and Blake Griffen who will be a top 3 pick next year. He owned the paint in every single game and shut all four of those guys down. So, who exactly was he overmatched against?

you mean he owned kevin love who had 12pts 10rebs 3blks? compared to 0pts 15rebs 2 blks? doesnt sound like owning to me. oh, and what about the other guy on ucla? mbah a moute had 12pts 13rebs, yeah so dorsey clearly outplayed him to(whatever). it was a good game for dorsey though, you are right. he didnt foul out atleast. his second best game was against texas, where he matched up against rail thin connor atchley...ooh wee, let me hold back the excitement. he had a good game though, so props to dorsey. dorsey got his *** handed to him by goran suton, who had 23pts 9rebs to dorseys 6pts 4rebs...dorsey barely outplayed charles rhodes and the terribly undersized miss. state team. UT-arlington's larry posey(a 6'5" pf) only had 4pts and 8rebs and 2blks, but still had a better game than dorsey. so just with looking at the tourney, dorsey only had 3 good games period...and only outplayed his opponents 1/3 of the time(2 out of 6). he had a particulary good game against mississippi state, where he had 6 blks...but that was also a very, very small team. their biggest guy was shorter and over 20 lbs lighter than dorsey. i dont even need to go into reg. season stats. my point has been proven, but if you want further proof, follow a previously posted link where it quotes dorsey saying he was going to own greg oden, but ended up with 0pts and 3 meaningless rebs.

i am through with talking about how much you overrate dorsey. i truly hope he gets his act together and gets a guaranteed contract and has a good nba career. i would never wish a failed career on anyone. that being said, thank god we didnt get him. especially with better players available at the time.

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Just wondering????

you bring up a good point. i just thought it was relevant considering how much dorsey talk there has been over the past month or two. but i dont care if its moved...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Just wondering????

you bring up a good point. i just thought it was relevant considering how much dorsey talk there has been over the past month or two. but i dont care if its moved...

lol it's summer, what else are we going to talk about? it's the time between the summer league games and when usa basketball starts, it's no mans land for basketball in general, that and we have spots to fill out on our club and personality issues about the team that needs to be addressed.... i misspell alot of things.

edit: it's not an issue of screaming at players, when i say scottie pippen heard it from jordan when he messed up, or that tayshaun heard it from sheed, they yelled sometimes at the ref, talked trash, but they talk to each other with politeness or at least they're not screaming when there is downtime (freethrow, out of bounds play). i hate and admire the pistons, at every instance of downtime they're talking to each other.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

From what i have heard Jordan was quite the butthole to his teammates. Im sure everyone would still love to have him on their team.

Hey, I would love to have him in a team too if I was a player.

I wouldn't appreciate him being a butthole though. I wouldn't care if he was Jordan.

quote:

quote:

im not, all i said is we could find comparable talent that doesnt come with the baggage. where is the concern there?

It's your insistence on manufactoring facts to support your position I continually call you on and you have no reply other than more whining.

what facts have i manufactured? a whiner usually resorts to insults. looking at the flow of the conversation i only see one person that has been incapable of holding a conversation without resorting to insults/whining. you.

To claim Dorsey matched up with Arthur & was constantly overmatched defensively on the college level implies you are either blind or haven't watch him play. If you'd like to provide laundry list of examples where Dorsey was overmatched in college, have fun creating that list out of thin air.

it seems like you were the one that didnt watch the championship game my friend. i just referred to the play by play, and not only did atleast 1 of his fouls directly lead to ft's for arthur, but they were also playing during similar stretches of the game. theres physical evidence. i also saw darrell go right over and around dorsey several times for dunks and layups the whole game. and you can check out the espn highlights and they show atleast 2 clips of arthur scoring directly on dorsey, and to top it off dorsey sulked back down the court.

I saw him play against 4 1st or future 1st round picks last year including Kevin Love who was #5 pick and Blake Griffen who will be a top 3 pick next year. He owned the paint in every single game and shut all four of those guys down. So, who exactly was he overmatched against?

you mean he owned kevin love who had 12pts 10rebs 3blks? compared to 0pts 15rebs 2 blks? doesnt sound like owning to me. oh, and what about the other guy on ucla? mbah a moute had 12pts 13rebs, yeah so dorsey clearly outplayed him to(whatever). it was a good game for dorsey though, you are right. he didnt foul out atleast. his second best game was against texas, where he matched up against rail thin connor atchley...ooh wee, let me hold back the excitement. he had a good game though, so props to dorsey. dorsey got his *** handed to him by goran suton, who had 23pts 9rebs to dorseys 6pts 4rebs...dorsey barely outplayed charles rhodes and the terribly undersized miss. state team. UT-arlington's larry posey(a 6'5" pf) only had 4pts and 8rebs and 2blks, but still had a better game than dorsey. so just with looking at the tourney, dorsey only had 3 good games period...and only outplayed his opponents 1/3 of the time(2 out of 6). he had a particulary good game against mississippi state, where he had 6 blks...but that was also a very, very small team. their biggest guy was shorter and over 20 lbs lighter than dorsey. i dont even need to go into reg. season stats. my point has been proven, but if you want further proof, follow a previously posted link where it quotes dorsey saying he was going to own greg oden, but ended up with 0pts and 3 meaningless rebs.

i am through with talking about how much you overrate dorsey. i truly hope he gets his act together and gets a guaranteed contract and has a good nba career. i would never wish a failed career on anyone. that being said, thank god we didnt get him. especially with better players available at the time.

Seriously, once again clueless all over the map. Charles Rhodes? Is he the Miss St. Center? Is he who was matched up against Dorsey that entire game? Why do you want to present statements as facts based on a clueless observation you take from a boxscore?

By your logic, if Dorsey commits a foul against Mario Chalmers, he was guarding Chalmers? Do you understand the concept to being the final line of defense in a defense???

Again, the difference between seeing a game, seeing the impact a player has on it, and drawing conclusions from a box score. Kevin Love has a decent statistic game and he competed. He was also 4-11 shooting in that game and was moved around the paint by Dorsey like he was on roller skates.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seriously, once again clueless all over the map. Charles Rhodes? Is he the Miss St. Center? Is he who was matched up against Dorsey that entire game? Why do you want to present statements as facts based on a clueless observation you take from a boxscore?

By your logic, if Dorsey commits a foul against Mario Chalmers, he was guarding Chalmers? Do you understand the concept to being the final line of defense in a defense???

Again, the difference between seeing a game, seeing the impact a player has on it, and drawing conclusions from a box score. Kevin Love has a decent statistic game and he competed. He was also 4-11 shooting in that game and was moved around the paint by Dorsey like he was on roller skates.

reread the WHOLE thing and then get back to me.