Sign in to follow this  
richnba

College scheduling question

I know many of you here have either gone to college or are currently attedning, I have a quick question I am currently planning on taking 5 classes in the fall. Is this wise? Or should I stick with 4?

I know many of you here have either gone to college or are currently attedning, I have a quick question I am currently planning on taking 5 classes in the fall. Is this wise? Or should I stick with 4?

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I'm guessing that you are going in to your first semester in college? I would definitely stick to 4, and maybe take some classes in the summer. In college one of the hardest things to control is time management. You will have to put in time to go to classes, do homework, study for tests, write papers, go to work, and hang out with friends. Now if you have already been in school and you breeze by with just 4 classes than taking 5 shouldn't be too bad for you.

Good Luck.

It depends on what you are used to. If you went through high school taking a few ap classes per year then you will have no problem dealing with 5 per semester.

The main advantage of choosing 5 classes over 4 is you can drop a class if you arent doing well and still keep bright futures (for 100% at least, you need to enroll at least 12 hrs)

also if you are taking a science + a lab then you might only want to take 4 classes because labs can be tough depending on what science it is.

I just got through my first year at FSU and took 5 classes both semesters and did fine. I know alot of people who take 5 classes and alot of people who take 4 classes and either way there's not much difference in their schedules after class. Keep in mind that this is freshman year so you only need to worry about entry level classes.