Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Today's NBA DRAFT 2008 Thread - How did everyone do?

Kberto we also could have had Darrell Arthur for cash. I am in shock that our incompetent GM didn't care to get in on this deal.

Hopefully something else is done that we will hear about tomorrow. It was just announced on ESPN that OJ Mayo was traded to Memphis for Kevin Love and Mike Miller (a few other players were included, but they are the highlights). So there are still some deals out there, hopefully we are one of them...

But probably not

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Did anyone ever call Otis predictable? Tells you who he wants, picks him and now he is off to Hero's night club in Eatonville to help Jerry Iceman Reynolds film Buttermilk Bottoms II. Please Otis needs to be working drive thru at wendy's not running a 500 million buck business.

LMAO, Hero's is def the spot to find some Buttermilk Bottoms

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Kberto we also could have had Darrell Arthur for cash. I am in shock that our incompetent GM didn't care to get in on this deal.

Hopefully something else is done that we will hear about tomorrow. It was just announced on ESPN that OJ Mayo was traded to Memphis for Kevin Love and Mike Miller (a few other players were included, but they are the highlights). So there are still some deals out there, hopefully we are one of them...

But probably not

Did that just break? I don't see it on espn.com

quote:

Otis is a JOKE of a GM. ANYONE can sit in a room and take who falls to you.

I have to say I think Larry Brown has lost his freakin mind after the 1st round. But, beyond that, Otis still sux.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

But probably not

Did that just break? I don't see it on espn.com

I just saw it on espn.com

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Otis is a JOKE of a GM. ANYONE can sit in a room and take who falls to you.

I have to say I think Larry Brown has lost his freakin mind after the 1st round. But, beyond that, Otis still sux.

Yeah, what the hell was Charlotte thinking? MJ should be banned from participating in drafts.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

What kind of quality players can the Magic add this summer without trading Hedo? We have to do something about the front court, with Augustine and Foyle probably leaving, all you have is Gortat and Cook. Seems like a big issue to me.

To me, this is the biggest problem with drafting Lee. FA is full of SG's, very low on front court players, & PG's. By drafting a SG, makes it difficult to understand what the FA plan is. My guess, we won't even use the full MLE!!!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

What kind of quality players can the Magic add this summer without trading Hedo? We have to do something about the front court, with Augustine and Foyle probably leaving, all you have is Gortat and Cook. Seems like a big issue to me.

To me, this is the biggest problem with drafting Lee. FA is full of SG's, very low on front court players, & PG's. By drafting a SG, makes it difficult to understand what the FA plan is. My guess, we won't even use the full MLE!!!

Your first problem is assuming Otis actually has a plan.

quote:

By drafting a SG, makes it difficult to understand what the FA plan is!!!

Yeah, right now we'd have Lee, Evans, Bogans, Reddick, and even Dooling. I think the Magic definitely need to make some trades, who cares what kind of personal interviews Otis has had with the players.

Chad Ford's post draft analysis:

quote:
The Magic need a scoring 2-guard who can shoot the basketball. They thought J.J. Redick was that guy, but he wasn't. Lee is solid. I don't think he'll be a star, but he's proven and ready. It's interesting that, given the Magic's needs in the post, they didn't grab Darrell Arthur.