Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS- Dwight vs. Franny

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

On August 16th, 2008 at 10:15am Eastern Time a glorious happening will occur.

The United States of America

vs.

Spain

Not only is it a great matchup of two of the world's basketball powers, but it also features a head-to-head matchup that will go down in the history books as one of the greatest of all-time.

Mr. Dwight Howard

vs.

Mrs. Fran Vasquez

So now, I present an opportunity to you Magic fans. Explain what will happen on that fateful day. Will Dwight greet Franny with open arms? Will he encourage him to come play for our beloved squad? Or will Dwight make Mr. Vasquez pay for the pain and torture he has caused the Magic Nation.

VOICE YOUR OPINION.

pictures, captions, dialogue. all is welcome...

I'm really sorry 'cause I could feel a lot of expectation in your words, but this isn't going to happen...

Fran hasn't played with Spain in a international competition yet, neither will do this summer after the worst year of his career.

He's not even in the standby list of players that could join the team in case of injuries.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/news/lateN...s_lateNews_arti.html

Anyway, take a look to Ricky Rubio if he will have a chance to play, he's only 17, but he's already a very good player and a fantastic prospect in the PG position.

Not yet a shooting force, but his defense, ability to steal, vision of the court are really good.