Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Rumors about Bucks, could they benefit us? Discuss plz.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I don't think Charlie V by himself is the answer. Besides, he's not as soft as some would think. And he's nowhere near as soft as Rashard playing the 4 spot.

Charlie V would give us a legit PF which we currently do not have in either Shard or Cook...and we have no idea what to expect from Battie.

Charlie V IMO, would be only a small piece of the puzzle. BUt without arguement, he is a young talented big man with an outside shot that can grab boards.

The other piece of the puzzle would be to draft a high flying prospect with the #8 pick to backup Shard and eventually take his spot. It's going to be very important to surround Dwight with good players for the long term so that it doesn't become necessary to withstand a rebuilding process. We've already seen how marquee players in the prime of their career don't like sitting at the bottom of the conference while rebuilding.

Another portion of the plan to make a trade with Milwaukee would be to obtain a player like Kurt Thomas, or draft a player like Dorsey. That way, if you're afraid Charlie V isn't tough enough for certain matchups, you can always bring a player in that can play "nasty".

And don't forget, by drafting a player like Donte Green, Joe Alexander, or Anthony Randolph, the Magic still have the ability to move Shard around and play him next to our new prospect.

That,I totally agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

what about memphis?? Smack do you think maybe we could trade hedo + JJ + our #22 and maybe throw in a future 1st for Mike Miller

(or navarro) their #5 and maybe darko???

I only ask because at number 5 your really not in the place to get the Sure thing impact player and most drafts have them picking kevin love they already have hakim warrick, kwame brown, andre brown and rudy gay at the forward spots? Maybe its really a wash and hedo just duplicates miller...

I think the main thing is they get rid of darko, which i wouldnt mind having back... probably not much chance of this...

I saw somewhere that Hakim Warrick is only 6-7 without shoes. So he's pretty undersized at the PF. I also am hearing all sorts of rumors about Miami trading with Memphis on draft day. The current proposed deal is the Grizzlies #5 pick (OJ Mayo) and Mike Miller for Miami's #2 pick (Beasley) and Blount.

At this point, nothing would surprise me on draft day. There are literally dozens of proposed deals being discussed involving nearly all the 30 NBA teams. It's going to be one crazy rollercoaster ride next week.