Sign in to follow this  
Stone_Temple_Kiwi

broadcast in n.z

this pistons game was the one broadcast they showed on national t.v here, was such a let down to see a really inconsistent game. some observations

darko is terribly soft and tentative on defense, when dale davis got that 3 point play darko just stod their and watched while davis took his time completeing the play....get over their and waste him, contest the shot...at least try to help your team mates....with a hard *** attitude.. darko could and should be blocking 3 shots a night and altering even more...he needs to develop a nastiness and sense of ownership of the paint and contest everything.

the offensive scheme in just terrible, theres no high low play going on, no cuting off the post man...you look at the defence and rarely if ever do they have their eyes on the ball and their man....how about making some sharp cuts off the post man and delivering, no one bumps the cutter aswell making it easier to cut

mix up the frecken offence, so predictable...the commentators said it best "notice how teams when their on a scorting run they are fastbreaking", this was so ture when we made a run and caught back up. such a terrible coaching scheme.

can we please give darko a chance as atleast a 3rd option on offence better yet a number 2 or 1 at stages, the guy has skills and is bigger than any pf in the league.

i saw in the 3rd quater keyon dooling had a rythm open jump shot he passed up in the 3rd qtr in transition(which i didnt mind TOO much) only to take it out dribble another 3-4 times and force up a contested 20 footer with a full shot clock.

overall we did'nt do much to get back in the game but detroit just let us back in, i'm not angry at the lose just real disapointed...just showed how terribly green we are and how far we have to go....if everyone played as hard as trevor ariza we would be in a lot better shape,

what a huge fricken post that no one will even read but just had to get it off my chest

cheers

p.s does this team have an offensive scheme or any set plays, from what i saw EVERYTHING was pick and roll or one on one and nothing came CLOSE to any kind of system in place, how we wanted to attack them or any variation...it was 48 minutes of pass and stand around, not good to watch at all.

this pistons game was the one broadcast they showed on national t.v here, was such a let down to see a really inconsistent game. some observations

darko is terribly soft and tentative on defense, when dale davis got that 3 point play darko just stod their and watched while davis took his time completeing the play....get over their and waste him, contest the shot...at least try to help your team mates....with a hard *** attitude.. darko could and should be blocking 3 shots a night and altering even more...he needs to develop a nastiness and sense of ownership of the paint and contest everything.

the offensive scheme in just terrible, theres no high low play going on, no cuting off the post man...you look at the defence and rarely if ever do they have their eyes on the ball and their man....how about making some sharp cuts off the post man and delivering, no one bumps the cutter aswell making it easier to cut

mix up the frecken offence, so predictable...the commentators said it best "notice how teams when their on a scorting run they are fastbreaking", this was so ture when we made a run and caught back up. such a terrible coaching scheme.

can we please give darko a chance as atleast a 3rd option on offence better yet a number 2 or 1 at stages, the guy has skills and is bigger than any pf in the league.

i saw in the 3rd quater keyon dooling had a rythm open jump shot he passed up in the 3rd qtr in transition(which i didnt mind TOO much) only to take it out dribble another 3-4 times and force up a contested 20 footer with a full shot clock.

overall we did'nt do much to get back in the game but detroit just let us back in, i'm not angry at the lose just real disapointed...just showed how terribly green we are and how far we have to go....if everyone played as hard as trevor ariza we would be in a lot better shape,

what a huge fricken post that no one will even read but just had to get it off my chest

cheers

p.s does this team have an offensive scheme or any set plays, from what i saw EVERYTHING was pick and roll or one on one and nothing came CLOSE to any kind of system in place, how we wanted to attack them or any variation...it was 48 minutes of pass and stand around, not good to watch at all.