Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

You guys wanna hear some rumors/gossip?

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If they're really considering bringing Evans back I have serious concerns for how this offseason will turn out.

Let's for the sake of discussion say our three sgs will be exactly the same as this year. We'd essentially still have three back ups. Would anyone be happy with that?

I say HELL no to another year of Mogans.

well, Who's better? Mo or Gans...Arguably Mo is more active and a better finisher, while the defense and shooting is similar. Again this can be debated, but can there be a way to trade Bogans and keep Evans as your back up. Just because Bogans has a year left, doesn't mean he will play here. He will be a expiring contract and we can trade him. Unless there's other things in his contract.

Honesly I wouldn't be happy with the same guards. We need to improve. I would be ok with the same big men, adding Battie, but not the same guards...

I rather have Bogans personally. Both of them are as streaky as humanly possible from three, but I think Keith is the superior defender. I actually think Evans is at best an average defender in the league. When Mo is on the floor he's a mental mistake waiting to happen.

As far as trading Bogans, does he have any value? I'd say no, so I don't think we could move him unless we packaged him with someone like Turk. But my gut tells me this team will look very similar next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I hear Mateen Cleaves is available....

Wow I forgot all about him. He was really good at MSU. Sad...

isn't dooling from ft. lauderdale? it would be closer to home for him, and he played there before.... and i like evans over bogans, just for the slashing/dunking ability, with the other team's best shot blocker married to dwight on defense, then it's alot easier to get those sort of sneaky dunks.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

isn't dooling from ft. lauderdale? it would be closer to home for him, and he played there before.... and i like evans over bogans, just for the slashing/dunking ability, with the other team's best shot blocker married to dwight on defense, then it's alot easier to get those sort of sneaky dunks.

It did seem like Evans got a dunk or two per game off of shedding his defender and simply standing wide open under the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Dooling can't REALLY be considering going to Miami...

can he???

If the Magic wants to pay him only 1.5 or 3m per season you bet that he goes.

seriously, i'd give it to bogans if he had a longer reach, he'd be a poor man's tayshaun prince then, but other than his weight/size i don't see that much of an upside to his defense, and his shot and lack of actual dunking... it's the kind of game you'd get from a rookie if you ask me...sorry i'm writing is spurts, the boss is walking around.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

can he???

Why not? The Heat won't be nearly as bad as they were this year. That's what happens when you sell your soul.

How funny would it be if the Magic won the championship while Dooling was with the Heat?

The only way the Magic can win the championship is with Dooling in the roster, without him we can't win. That what Stan and other members in this board believe.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

seriously, i'd give it to bogans if he had a longer reach, he'd be a poor man's tayshaun prince then, but other than his weight/size i don't see that much of an upside to his defense, and his shot and lack of actual dunking... it's the kind of game you'd get from a rookie if you ask me...sorry i'm writing is spurts, the boss is walking around.

If I had to choose between the two its Evans by a slim margin, and let me throw in another thing.

For a coach in SVG that wants to get into the open floor more often, Mo and Bogans are light years apart in that regard. Mo does well running the lanes while Bogans is a bad decision of a turnover waiting to happen.

Unfortunately, Bogans is just better positioned contract-wise to stay on the team rather than Evans, unless Carlos is let go AND Redick is traded. Then we might see something like a wing player picked up in free agency, Evans resigned to basically be our sixth or seventh man, and then Bogans riding the pine like J.J. Redick. At least until he's either traded as an expiring (and very tradeable) contract at next season's trading deadline.... or knowing Otis, allowed to walk away next summer for nothing.

But history states we aren't capable of doing that sort of thing. Knowing the Magic, Redick won't be traded and he'll just be in the inactive list all next season while we retain all of our guards except Carlos while adding yet another shooting guard or two.

Anyway between Evans, Bogans, Dooling, & Redick, I think the one with the least chance of going anywhere is Bogans.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

quote:

quote:

can he???

Why not? The Heat won't be nearly as bad as they were this year. That's what happens when you sell your soul.

How funny would it be if the Magic won the championship while Dooling was with the Heat?

The only way the Magic can win the championship is with Dooling in the roster, without him we can't win. That what Stan and other members in this board believe.

I don't think there is anyone around that thinks Dooling is an integral part to the Magic's championship dreams...

That being said... my comment was simply pointing out the fact that Dooling left Miami to come to Orlando, right before Miami won the championship, so it would be funny if Dooling left us for Miami and we won afterwards. Get it?

Sky, I was waiting for you to read this. I figured as much as you crticized Keyon this year that it wouldn't bother you if we got two new point guards. By the way, I like the idea of new point guards too. We need more size there more than we need a new shooting guards. Not that I wouldn't mind new shooting guards.

That is the big thing I took from the rumor. The fact that there could be an opportunity for Keyon to bolt.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

quote:

quote:

can he???

I don't think there is anyone around that thinks Dooling is an integral part to the Magic's championship dreams...

That being said... my comment was simply pointing out the fact that Dooling left Miami to come to Orlando, right before Miami won the championship, so it would be funny if Dooling left us for Miami and we won afterwards. Get it?

Echo, of course, I get it. But you didn't. I wrote in a sacastic way, because people in this board thinks that Dooling is an integral part to the Magic's organization. Do you get it now?. Yes, you do.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Sky, I was waiting for you to read this. I figured as much as you crticized Keyon this year that it wouldn't bother you if we got two new point guards. By the way, I like the idea of new point guards too. We need more size there more than we need a new shooting guards. Not that I wouldn't mind new shooting guards.

That is the big thing I took from the rumor. The fact that there could be an opportunity for Keyon to bolt.

Yeah like I've said before I don't mind Dooling being one of our backup SGs at all. He's aggressive on both ends of the floor and this past year in particular he shot very well from mid-range and from the FT line, one of the best in the league at the FT line in the first half of the season.

But that level of aggressiveness is a negative for Dooling at PG at the offensive end. I like what I've heard about getting Jason Williams on the cheap, I think he's basically a better version of Carlos.

On one level I'm gonna be upset if any FA leaves us because Otis could of gotten something for these guys at the trading deadline! Any GM except for Otis apparently knows that the value of a player goes up when his contract is about to expire because his new team can let him go and get cap relief.

Duh. That's NBA GM 101.

But if Dooling left I'd miss his defense, certainly not his so-called PG play. However, here's a theory. Perhaps it could be a blessing in disguise? I think Jameer has been coasting, on D most of all. Look at the terrific moments he came up with on D in the playoffs... he needs to swallow his ego and flip the script on his game. He's capable of being tenacious and pesky on D while setting up his teammates (meanwhile resting and spotting up for 3 pointers) on offense.

Maybe Dooling leaving would force Jameer to step up on that end of the floor without a defensive stopper backing him up.