NBA Playoffs 2008-Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic Game three 5/7

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Come on people...

I've said since the beginning of the season...

I realistically would be happy if we made it to the 2nd round and we did.

But as long as we got any chance to make it to the finals ...

I'M GOING TO BELIEVE WE CAN DO IT...

IT doesn't end until the fat lady sings and I haven't heard those notes yet.

LET"S GO FANS...BELIEVE IN OUR MAGIC ...

Until the end.

You might be happy to get to the 2nd round Jack, but, if the Pistons take us out in 4 or 5 games get ready for the Otis bashing cause it'll get real heavy.

if we lose in 4-5 games to the pistons then i will be real upset...because that means that we lost to the same team, in the same way as last year...which means we made no improvement. the regular season is meaningless. and although i enjoyed to toronto series, they suck, and i think we would have beaten them last year anyway. so we would have made no improvements when it mattered the most-the playoffs.

that being said, i still think the magic are going to win this series. the pistons have already lost at home this post season, and we havent. and, we played a better team than they did. so i think we win these two at home, and then its just a matter of taking our best road record in the east up to detroit and getting 1 win up there...

...its simple really, it just comes down to execution.

I'm sorry but what I bolded is just completely wrong. Anyone who can't see the difference between this year's Magic team and last year's just really isn't paying attention.

Does anyone really believe last year's Magic team could of beaten this year's Raptor team? I say hell no.

There's a difference between making the 2nd round and getting SWEPT in the first round, no matter who the teams are.

Maybe other fans live in a fantasy world where they actually expect to win a championship every year and anything should of that isn't enough. Even though I believe, I'm also not delusional. I'm a realist and improvements HAVE been made and they shouldn't be just taken for granted. I would like to think that's the difference between Magic Fan and, say, Cavalier Fan.

Am I saying the Orlando Magic should be happy and satisfied they made the "Elite Eight" and lay down and die? Absolutely not. But what they've done is worth being proud of.

I know when they put those two Atlantic Division banners up in the 90's I was proud and I won't look the other way when they put that Southeast Division banner either.