Sign in to follow this  
KCmagicFAN

So...is there any hope left?

Clearly the Magic are outmatched by the Pistons. It's my feeling that Orlando must play their very best to just win one game against Detroit. They're just missing that...one player. That one player that can be the 1-2 punch with Dwight like Penny and Shaq were at one time. Sometimes Hedo or Rashard can be that player but not consistently enough. I think we're also (obviously) missing the toughness and defensive attitude that good teams like Detroit have. Those things get you over the hump and get you to the next level in this league. Of course I hope Orlando can go back to their home court and win 2 in a row but I just don't see it happening. Maybe one but not both.

Also about the refs...I was pissed at the end of the third quarter shot but I was probably more pissed at the last few possessions the Magic had to tie or take the lead. Sure, all of the calls were going Detroits way. But Shard making a bad pass, Hedo chunking up a horrible looking 3, and Rashard driving into the lane like a madman for a circus layup...that was just badly executed offense. Was Hedo fouled after the rebound by the basket? Maybe so. Could the ref have given possession to Orlando after the ball was knocked out of bounds CLEARLY by Detroit? Absolutely, but the Magic had several chances to overcome these things and didn't get it done.

Clearly the Magic are outmatched by the Pistons. It's my feeling that Orlando must play their very best to just win one game against Detroit. They're just missing that...one player. That one player that can be the 1-2 punch with Dwight like Penny and Shaq were at one time. Sometimes Hedo or Rashard can be that player but not consistently enough. I think we're also (obviously) missing the toughness and defensive attitude that good teams like Detroit have. Those things get you over the hump and get you to the next level in this league. Of course I hope Orlando can go back to their home court and win 2 in a row but I just don't see it happening. Maybe one but not both.

Also about the refs...I was pissed at the end of the third quarter shot but I was probably more pissed at the last few possessions the Magic had to tie or take the lead. Sure, all of the calls were going Detroits way. But Shard making a bad pass, Hedo chunking up a horrible looking 3, and Rashard driving into the lane like a madman for a circus layup...that was just badly executed offense. Was Hedo fouled after the rebound by the basket? Maybe so. Could the ref have given possession to Orlando after the ball was knocked out of bounds CLEARLY by Detroit? Absolutely, but the Magic had several chances to overcome these things and didn't get it done.