Sign in to follow this  
Nell2ThaIzzay

Why wasn't it replayed?

Seriously, if anyone can help me with the rules on this...

That shot at the end of the 3rd quarter, since the clock didn't start, it seems to me that the play shouldn't count, and it should have been replayed.

Not "oh, um, I'm going to take a guess here and SAY that there were .5 seconds left". Rulings need to be more precise than that, and honestly, I don't think he got the shot off in time.

But it just seems bogus to me, that instead of making a more precise ruling, and just replaying the play, since the clock never started, than to just take a guess as to what happened.

Seriously, if anyone can help me with the rules on this...

That shot at the end of the 3rd quarter, since the clock didn't start, it seems to me that the play shouldn't count, and it should have been replayed.

Not "oh, um, I'm going to take a guess here and SAY that there were .5 seconds left". Rulings need to be more precise than that, and honestly, I don't think he got the shot off in time.

But it just seems bogus to me, that instead of making a more precise ruling, and just replaying the play, since the clock never started, than to just take a guess as to what happened.

They are not allowed to go to replay unless its the last play of the quarter... even if it SHOULD have been, because the clock didn't go down to zero, they can't replay. My understanding anyway.

I'm not talking about checking the replay (which they SHOULD be allowed to do, why the refs aren't allowed to use ALL the tools available to make the correct call, I have no clue), I'm asking why they just didn't REDO the play. The clock never started, blow the whistle, redo the play. I have seen it done before.