Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Before the Playoffs, I said this about Bosh and the Raptors

April 15:

"First, Lets make one thing perfectly clear:

Bosh is a PF, Nesterovic is a C

So having Dwight on Bosh, doesnt make much sense. If you take Dwight away from the rim, which will happen if Dwight is assigned to Bosh, then the lane is wide open for T.J. Ford and Calderon, not to mention easy points for "RASHO NESTEROVIC" (Stephen A style).

So keep Dwight in the paint and on Rasho Nesterovic.

Now if they switch it up and move Bosh to the center position, then Dwight should be mindful of how much space he is leaving open in the paint. If Bosh Moves to the perimeter (Which is what I would do to take Dwight out of the paint), then our counter move is to a box "style" zone, with Dwight anchored in the paint.

Now as Bosh being a PF, Lewis has the speed and the length to guard Bosh straight up. With Dwight in the paint, Bosh wont be so inclined to go to the paint every time. So Bosh will have to settle for the jump shot instead. I would also throw a double team at him every now and then, or try and trap him, with Evans (because he is fast enough). But Only if Evans man is near Bosh, so Evans can play in between the two and keep Bosh thinking, instead of Bosh setting.

The final detail of this game plan is to have Bosh score every single point of the game. Thats right, I said I want Bosh to score the 90+ points its going to take to beat us.

Why?

Well we all know that Bosh is going to score, there is nothing we can do to stop a guy like Bosh, its like trying to shut down Kobe or Lebron, it doesnt happen.

But when you shut down all the "role" players around a superstar like Bosh, you put him in an extreme disadvantage, since he doesnt have another star player to get points, Bosh will have to carry the load by himself. And Bosh cant do that, without some help from the "role players".

So stay tight on them, make sure you shut them down (because its easier to shut down a role player than a All Star player).

Like I said before when talking about Micheal Jordan, every team had the "stop" Jordan game plan, and when they focused on Jordan entirely, it was his "role players" who did the ultimate damage, and got the win.

The Raptors as a whole, have been inconsistent in shooting and defense, besides Bosh, this team is not ready. Although we need to worry about Bosh, we need to keep the rest of their team inconsistent by staying tight on defense, contesting every shot, and working them on the offensive end."

And here we are series 2-1, and we still havent shut down the role players, Kapono is bombing 3 pt shots every chance and hitting with deadly accuracy, TJ ford.... the guy had 17pts tonight, Calderon had double digit score with a double digit ast margin, Delfino had some good buckets... etc.

Bosh had 15pts..... like I said before its not the super star that will get the win, its everyone else.

No the Refering didnt help one bit, I was in the Marriott in Raleigh cussing up a storm over the multiple BS calls. But someone pointed out that the refs who were calling the game were going to call some bogus trash.

Well.. Congrats, you are now the new "Mrs. Cleo" of the NBA, and yes JD999 the NBA knows how to get its dollar value, Good Job Mr.Stern your a genius when it comes to business...... but bad things happen to shady people... write that down because it applies to all shady and or bad people.

At the end of the day it didnt help when we gave up easy baskets, with our spotty defense at best. Our front court was miserable tonight, and that goes for everyone:

Jameer didnt show up

Arroyo got abused by TJ

Dooling hasnt really contributed since game 1

Bogans got beat too much

Lets also add our shooting tonight was atrocious, the Raptors did their best impersonation of our Game 1 1stqtr 3 pt torching session we had.

The Raptors defending the pick and roll better, by forcing the man with the ball to make a quick descision, instead of giving the man with the ball room, to think and pick his spots (like the way we defend the pick and roll).

Is this a bad lost... yeah.. but at the same time I think we were due for one, and it will help us in the end.

The 2 games we played were some what easy in the 1st, giving our false hope of security we "The Magic" seem to hold on too when we get a big lead over a team.

Atleast, now they will have a bad taste after tonight, and remind them of that bad taste they had after the detroit series. And push them to follow Dwights lead and "Dominate" when they go back back for game 4.

Maybe the Magic likes being listed as the under dog, the team that might not make it becaus of their lack of playoff experience, maybe Nelson likes to have his overall play questioned to the point where people think he is still a rookie, maybe Lewis likes having his contract compared to his lack of play, maybe Turk likes to hear that this year maybe a fluke of his stats, and maybe....just maybe the Magic want to hear that their team isnt so Magical after all.....

And if all the above statements is true, then now you get that chance to hear those things once again, because the way the game was lost.

And if im wrong, which a part of me thinks that I am, then the only sure way to shut up all those statements, from all those critic's, from all over the map, is to "Dominate".

"Dominate" meaning leave nothing behind, nothing left, nothing to be resurrected. "Dominate" meaning to confront all challengers, and walk away victorious.

April 15:

"First, Lets make one thing perfectly clear:

Bosh is a PF, Nesterovic is a C

So having Dwight on Bosh, doesnt make much sense. If you take Dwight away from the rim, which will happen if Dwight is assigned to Bosh, then the lane is wide open for T.J. Ford and Calderon, not to mention easy points for "RASHO NESTEROVIC" (Stephen A style).

So keep Dwight in the paint and on Rasho Nesterovic.

Now if they switch it up and move Bosh to the center position, then Dwight should be mindful of how much space he is leaving open in the paint. If Bosh Moves to the perimeter (Which is what I would do to take Dwight out of the paint), then our counter move is to a box "style" zone, with Dwight anchored in the paint.

Now as Bosh being a PF, Lewis has the speed and the length to guard Bosh straight up. With Dwight in the paint, Bosh wont be so inclined to go to the paint every time. So Bosh will have to settle for the jump shot instead. I would also throw a double team at him every now and then, or try and trap him, with Evans (because he is fast enough). But Only if Evans man is near Bosh, so Evans can play in between the two and keep Bosh thinking, instead of Bosh setting.

The final detail of this game plan is to have Bosh score every single point of the game. Thats right, I said I want Bosh to score the 90+ points its going to take to beat us.

Why?

Well we all know that Bosh is going to score, there is nothing we can do to stop a guy like Bosh, its like trying to shut down Kobe or Lebron, it doesnt happen.

But when you shut down all the "role" players around a superstar like Bosh, you put him in an extreme disadvantage, since he doesnt have another star player to get points, Bosh will have to carry the load by himself. And Bosh cant do that, without some help from the "role players".

So stay tight on them, make sure you shut them down (because its easier to shut down a role player than a All Star player).

Like I said before when talking about Micheal Jordan, every team had the "stop" Jordan game plan, and when they focused on Jordan entirely, it was his "role players" who did the ultimate damage, and got the win.

The Raptors as a whole, have been inconsistent in shooting and defense, besides Bosh, this team is not ready. Although we need to worry about Bosh, we need to keep the rest of their team inconsistent by staying tight on defense, contesting every shot, and working them on the offensive end."

And here we are series 2-1, and we still havent shut down the role players, Kapono is bombing 3 pt shots every chance and hitting with deadly accuracy, TJ ford.... the guy had 17pts tonight, Calderon had double digit score with a double digit ast margin, Delfino had some good buckets... etc.

Bosh had 15pts..... like I said before its not the super star that will get the win, its everyone else.

No the Refering didnt help one bit, I was in the Marriott in Raleigh cussing up a storm over the multiple BS calls. But someone pointed out that the refs who were calling the game were going to call some bogus trash.

Well.. Congrats, you are now the new "Mrs. Cleo" of the NBA, and yes JD999 the NBA knows how to get its dollar value, Good Job Mr.Stern your a genius when it comes to business...... but bad things happen to shady people... write that down because it applies to all shady and or bad people.

At the end of the day it didnt help when we gave up easy baskets, with our spotty defense at best. Our front court was miserable tonight, and that goes for everyone:

Jameer didnt show up

Arroyo got abused by TJ

Dooling hasnt really contributed since game 1

Bogans got beat too much

Lets also add our shooting tonight was atrocious, the Raptors did their best impersonation of our Game 1 1stqtr 3 pt torching session we had.

The Raptors defending the pick and roll better, by forcing the man with the ball to make a quick descision, instead of giving the man with the ball room, to think and pick his spots (like the way we defend the pick and roll).

Is this a bad lost... yeah.. but at the same time I think we were due for one, and it will help us in the end.

The 2 games we played were some what easy in the 1st, giving our false hope of security we "The Magic" seem to hold on too when we get a big lead over a team.

Atleast, now they will have a bad taste after tonight, and remind them of that bad taste they had after the detroit series. And push them to follow Dwights lead and "Dominate" when they go back back for game 4.

Maybe the Magic likes being listed as the under dog, the team that might not make it becaus of their lack of playoff experience, maybe Nelson likes to have his overall play questioned to the point where people think he is still a rookie, maybe Lewis likes having his contract compared to his lack of play, maybe Turk likes to hear that this year maybe a fluke of his stats, and maybe....just maybe the Magic want to hear that their team isnt so Magical after all.....

And if all the above statements is true, then now you get that chance to hear those things once again, because the way the game was lost.

And if im wrong, which a part of me thinks that I am, then the only sure way to shut up all those statements, from all those critic's, from all over the map, is to "Dominate".

"Dominate" meaning leave nothing behind, nothing left, nothing to be resurrected. "Dominate" meaning to confront all challengers, and walk away victorious.