Sign in to follow this  
nabeca

B

Arkada?lar merhaba,

Yakla??k olarak 5 y?ld?r bu forumu takip ediyorum, ara s?ra yazd???m da oluyordu... Hat?rlad???m kadar?yla T

uballer8,

whats your problem buddy? tell us about your problem, we can try to help you...

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Yukar?da linki verilen sayfadaki postlardan iki tanesini buraya yorumsuz olarak aktar?yorum.

Posted by MisterOden

HEDO IS NOT TOO OLD!

I dont' understand how people can keep claiming that. He just turned 30 on March 19. He's 3 years younger than Andre Miller (same birthday coincidentally), 2 years younger than Vince Carter, the same age as Ron Artest, only 1 year older than Steve Blake and Richard Jefferson, and 2 years older than Hinrich. Didn't Steve Nash win his first MVP at the age of 31? He won another one at age 32, and nearly a third at the age of 33. He's still very productive at 35 years old. I think Hedo gives us at least 3 quality years as a starter and perhaps another 2 quality years coming off the bench for Batum. He is the bridge that we need right now while we wait for the likes of Batum and Bayless to become legitimate starters. And the best part is, we might just win a title or two in the meantime.

A 5-year $50 million contract for Hedo doesn't seem like a huge menace to our future plans, especially if it lands us a talented player who would be worth more in any other year. I know Hedo's numbers dropped off last year compared to the previous year but there may be more to it than meets the eye. Jameer Nelson came into his own last season (all-star) and scored a ton. He shot 4 more times per game than during the previous year. This probably had an effect on Hedo's ppg, as well as the fact that the team was getting better as a whole around him (Dwight Howard, Courtney Lee, etc.). In this situation a good player is likely to defer to other team members at the expense of his own stats because it makes the team better (Hedo shot 1.6 fewer shots per game this season compared to last). Even though Hedo's stats dropped slightly, the Magic made the finals largely due to his ability to create, distribute, and hit big shots.

Hedo alone will not get us to the Western Conference finals and beyond. We still need an upgrade at PG and I'm assuming that if we sign Hedo to a 5-year $50 million deal, then we will need to engineer a trade to get that PG using a 2-3 player combination of Webster, Outlaw, Blake, and Fernandez. I think Hinrich makes the most sense if we sign Hedo because we'll need his defense in the starting lineup

Posted by dunkonyerhed

I still think Ariza is a better over all value than Turk, but he is still a VERY good player. Consider some facts (in lieu of emotional arugments some of you are making).

A very bright businessman, Paul Allen, is willing to pay Turk around 50 million dollars of his own money to entice him to come to Portland, simply because he believes Turk will make us instant contendors. Maybe Paul's a bit more naive than you are.

Nate McMillan and Kevin Pritchard, two of the brightest minds in basketball are completely sold on Turk. Either that or they secretly despise their boss and want to blow a lot of his money.

Turk has been accused of being a poor defender. I want to dispel that myth. Turk is actually a good defender. That's why he had a huge impact on Ariza's game. Trevors #s during the playoffs were:

Opponent Minutes FG% 3P% Rebounds Assists Points

Utah 31.8 .611 .611 4 4.2 12

Houston 28.9 .500 .409 3.6 2 10.1

Denver 28.8 .581 .500 3.7 1.8 12.3

Orlando 37.8 .357 .417 6 1.6 11

So the opponent he struggled the most against was - Hedo Turkoglu. By far. He played 9 more minutes a game against Orlando than anyone else other than Utah, and 6 more minutes against Utah. But his stats were far worse as a whole against Orlando than anyone else. That's pretty good considering some of the other defenders he was facing, inculding Ron Artest.

In game 2, coach Van Gundy put Turk on Bryant (yeah, that's the mark of a bad defender). Orlando ended up losing, but it wasn't because of Turk. According to Jim Alexander from The Press-Enterprise...

"Turkoglu guarded Kobe Bryant down the stretch after Mickael Pietrus fouled out, and he blocked Bryant's shot with 0.6 left in regulation...

Maybe Turkoglu's defense on Bryant was a flashback to his days with the Sacramento Kings during their rivalry with the Lakers. Bryant was 3 for 7 from the field in the fourth quarter and overtime, and Turkoglu's clean block from behind with 0.6 seconds left was a huge play."

No, he's not lockdown, but Turk can guard the 2, 3 or 4 very well. And very few NBA players can do that.

I like Turk on the Blazers