Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

The Magic need Arroyo to play more

Im not an arroyo hater. I dont even like JN OR Keyon dooling. It is just obvious to me (and svg btw apparently) that hes only a 3rd string pg on this team. Sorry if that hurts your feelings as its not my intention. He should just be right where he is, on the bench.

GENTE! LETS GET THINGS RIGHT I WATCH THE GAMES AND THE THING I SEE MOST IS THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD A BALL PLAYER IS IF HE DOEST GET ENOUGH PLAYING TIME HE IS NOT GOING TO PRODUCE. THE PROBLEM I SEE IS THAT VAN GUNDY SITS PEOPLE FOR TO MANY GAMES AND THEN WHEN HES AGAINST THE WALL EXPECTS HEROISM FROM HIS BENCH. WELL GUESS WHAT IT JUST DOESNT WORK THAT WAY. AND IN BASKETBALL IT HAS NEVER WORKED UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST THREE OR FOUR SUPERSTARS AS STARTERS, Lakers, boston, chicago,team of later years. so the bottom line is a couch needs to work all his players into the line up and if he does he will find the magic of winning!

quote:
Originally posted by dynamicpr:

GENTE! LETS GET THINGS RIGHT I WATCH THE GAMES AND THE THING I SEE MOST IS THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD A BALL PLAYER IS IF HE DOEST GET ENOUGH PLAYING TIME HE IS NOT GOING TO PRODUCE. THE PROBLEM I SEE IS THAT VAN GUNDY SITS PEOPLE FOR TO MANY GAMES AND THEN WHEN HES AGAINST THE WALL EXPECTS HEROISM FROM HIS BENCH. WELL GUESS WHAT IT JUST DOESNT WORK THAT WAY. AND IN BASKETBALL IT HAS NEVER WORKED UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST THREE OR FOUR SUPERSTARS AS STARTERS, Lakers, boston, chicago,team of later years. so the bottom line is a couch needs to work all his players into the line up and if he does he will find the magic of winning!

I disagree. You cant possibly have a 12 man rotation and develop any continuity in the game. You may do some changes, like last night when we were down two starters. But most nights, a 9 man rotation is probably best.

Let's talk about reality. It doesn't matter what you or me think about who's better, even though it's always fun discussing it. This is the situation right now. Arroyo is the 3rd guard. Jameer is the starter. Dooling is the 2nd guard. That's the herarchy. This will stay the same until this season is over. It's not going to change unless injuries or some other personal problem on any of the players shows up. Arroyo has to make a decision next year when he'll be a free agent. Does he want's to stay in a team where he'll be the third guard and will have to fight continiously for playing time or does he look at a team that he can play as the starter with a coach that believes on him and he can have enough playing time, eventhough this may (or may not) mean to not be on the playoffs anymore.He has to decide what is the best for his carreer and future at this point. Again, money offering is another variable. How much can he get next year as a 3rd point guard vs out there as 1st or 2nd option. Jameer is not going anywere and Dooling if he leaves it'll be must likely on a transaction were we bring a PF or a better point guard than Jameer. Case #2 is not favorable to Arroyo. But all this is still to come. Now, he is happy with the time he gets although as any competitor he would like to play more. The only clear information is that for the Orlando Magic organization, Carlos Arroyo is their 3rd point guard and that stamp won't change until the end of this season.

My point in originating this thread was not to negate the reality that Arroyo is the third string PG at this moment. My point is that Arroyo should be the second PG, not Dooling. The stats I put in the beginning were intended to "show" that we have a better chance at wining games when Arroyo plays significant minutes at the PG position, and that would not happen if he is relegated to the third string PG!

Of course, Oso Tommy may be right, Arroyo will most probably remain as the third string PG for the rest of the season. I think that would be a mistake, perhaps a big mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

My point in originating this thread was not to negate the reality that Arroyo is the third string PG at this moment. My point is that Arroyo should be the second PG, not Dooling. The stats I put in the beginning were intended to "show" that we have a better chance at wining games when Arroyo plays significant minutes at the PG position, and that would not happen if he is relegated to the third string PG!

Of course, Oso Tommy may be right, Arroyo will most probably remain as the third string PG for the rest of the season. I think that would be a mistake, perhaps a big mistake.

Agree 100%%!!!! lol