Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

2008 Draft deep at PF:

Can we seriously not get more than Michael Pietrus for a full MLE??

This offseason I think we're gonna find out just how badly free agents want to play with Dwight Howard, as Jason Kidd alluded that people would.

quote:
Originally posted by bisayang dako:

i actually like douglas-roberts and contrary to popular opinion, he can play defense.

we don't need a PF, we have battie back and probably tranny fran, and the emergence of gortat to help dwight.

we need a guy named Mario Chalmers. good size for a PG, he defends, can shoot the 3 ball, and we will be needing a 3rd or 2nd string guard. after drafting him, sign Petrius for mid level and i think we are good to go.

Except that there's serious concerns with D-R and putting on muscle. Unless he can play prince level D then I would rather have brandon rush although im not to optimistic about him either. Maybe we can trade up and select Nicolas Batum (very unlikely)

i wouldnt mind josh childress... but i like petrius more coz he is a better defender and a slasher much like someone we lost... um, ariza anyone? and he can shoot the 3 ball so thats a plus meaning he can thrive with SVG's system.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

i actually like douglas-roberts and contrary to popular opinion, he can play defense.

we don't need a PF, we have battie back and probably tranny fran, and the emergence of gortat to help dwight.

we need a guy named Mario Chalmers. good size for a PG, he defends, can shoot the 3 ball, and we will be needing a 3rd or 2nd string guard. after drafting him, sign Petrius for mid level and i think we are good to go.

Except that there's serious concerns with D-R and putting on muscle. Unless he can play prince level D then I would rather have brandon rush although im not to optimistic about him either. Maybe we can trade up and select Nicolas Batum (very unlikely)

rush is an excellent defender as well but i would sway more towards D-R. he has a quick first step, deadly from mid range and ohh... those awkward yet efficient runners.

quote:

Not big on Chalmers. His value is vastly overrated because he hit a miracle shot. He was nearly as bad as Collison vs. Memphis before that and he's not even a legit PG. I like Jamont Gordan a lot more.

CDR is a very solid defender. Antiono Anderson was their stopper, but CDR is more than respectable.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

sign Petrius for mid level and i think we are good to go.

That would be the most underrated, most beneficial move of the entire offseason.

Pietrus is a quality guy and a tough defender with length & athleticism who would be pretty much an ideal fit for us. He would certainly be #2 on my list behind the long shot of Maggette. If we could find a way to land Pietrus and still find a way to add Duhon, I'd be much more pleased with our defense. Especially if we added Dorsey.

i've seen jamont play and was very impressed. he was phenomal with the ball but could be turnover prone at times. what impresses me with chalmers is his defensive intensity doesnt waver. i think we need a defensive point guard if dooling doesnt resign.

quote:

rush is an excellent defender as well but i would sway more towards D-R. he has a quick first step, deadly from mid range and ohh... those awkward yet efficient runners.

Rush is like the SG version of Rashard Lewis. He can hit the NBA 3 at a high percentage right now & has size. Those are two big advantages. I'd prefer if he was more fluid and aggressive driving, but he's solid. I've seen where nbadraft.net compares him to Reggie Lewis. Nah, Lewis was much better with the ball, and Rush is a much better shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Pietrus is a quality guy and a tough defender with length & athleticism who would be pretty much an ideal fit for us. He would certainly be #2 on my list behind the long shot of Maggette. If we could find a way to land Pietrus and still find a way to add Duhon, I'd be much more pleased with our defense. Especially if we added Dorsey.

Any offseason that includes the signing of Pietrus, possibly Duhon, and the drafting of a PF would be extremely impresive IMO.

Also wanted to update the board. NBAdraft.net now has Darrel Arthur projected as the 12th pick.