Frankie Figgs

Arroyo doing what he is told.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Figgs:

but he is making the extra pass and has cut down on his over dribbling by a mile.

disagree completely here. I was at the last game and he would consistently take 10+ sec to pass the ball. also watch every game and dont notice any great difference.

YOU HATE CARLOS I KNOW. If take to do a quick pass you say it was to quick but when he take a few second becuase our guys cant make the play that SVG call and Carlos cont do the pass and he have to make another play now you say that he take more than 10second to pass the ball lets talk about basketball we have 9 win he do his job he make point he pass the ball 9 streak win WHAT DO YOU WANT? That is not what we want to win? dont be a heater be a basketball fan

COMO SIGUEN LOS IGNORANTE AQUI.

I do not hate carlos and thanks for showing what I mean by being attacked by sayig anything negative about his game. I like/dislike players by their game only. I don't like carlos' game that much but he might be a nice guy.

'If take to do a quick pass you say it was to quick' I did not say this and will never say this ever b/c I can't wait until he gets it out of his hands. He should give it to turk right away every time.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

quote:
Originally posted by nbr34205:

quote:
I thing that Jameer is more individually talented that Carlos

I'm a fan of Jameer. He's had a tough ride this season, considering external issues and I think they must be heavily considered, but I extracted a relevant point that I wanted to continue on.

Jameer I to believe is more individually talented than Carlos. However, as I've said previously, Jameer is not a point guard, but a productive guard and what we have in Carlos is the closest thing we have to a player of true point guard characteristics and that I believe is what this team requires.

But I'm happy ride on whoever, as long as its working.

We need Nelson and Carlos we got our PG with Dooling We just need SVG to work more on those guys and thats it.

The point guard position and the individual it entails has always been one of the key elements I have valued toward Championship success. The characteristics of a true point guard that this position demands I don't see in what we presently have. I don't have much faith in what we have in either three to lead this team to ultimate success. For now, we're winning, but they are not the answer.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Love, not hate, thats the issue. To love or not to Love, that's the question!

Some people here, plain and simple are haters of the Hispanics in general. Their worst hate comes out in bursts when something good is said about Arroyo, regardless that nothing bad is said about their favorite player.

The haters should be relaxed now that Nelson is going to be the starter again. Arroyo will be traded as a back-up for Dallas in exchange for Barea as a back-up to Nelson.(It is a joke!)Could it become a reality? Barea is a very similar type of player as Nelson is, Otis might like him, plus Dallas needs a veteran PG to back-up their injured starter PG Devin Harris.'Barea will be a good option to satisfy the hispanic-mainly puertrican fans, and he is less costly$ than Arroyo. Was Dallas showcasing Barea yesterday?

Some people here, plain and simple are haters of the Hispanics in general. Their worst hate comes out in bursts when something good is said about Arroyo

See what i mean. This entire statement was ignorant. Nobody gives a **** if Arroyo is hispanic. What the **** does that have to do with anything. You look at this as a race war and that isnt the way you should be looking at this. Nobody hates Arroyo cause hes Puerto Rican, thats ridiculous. You know what, its truly sad that some puerto ricans think this way. Im a black man and I dont like Nelson just because hes a black man, i like him cause he plays the game i love and hes on my hometown team. Has nothing to do about race.

Wow... Carlos Darwin...

I know you may not read this objectively, but please try. Most of the people here you think are Arroyo Haters, myself included, don't dislike Arroyo at all. It's the blind supreme loyalty his followers (like yourself) show for him.

When people say anything negative about him, or even constructive about his game, it is met with an onslaught of comments about being a hater, personal attacks, and general spitefull rhetoric.

These types of comments and threads are what generates most of the 'anti-Arroyo' sentiments you perceive. They are really anti-fanatic sentiments.

I guess if you really feel like these comments are anti-hispanic, then I could sort of understand the fury with which you defend Carlos, but I think you are simply mistaken.

If Arroyo had the same game he does but wasn't from PR then he would just be another mediocre back up PG with an occasional great game. The blind loyalty is very clear. Thats the difference in liking someone b/c they are a good player vs where they are from. For example, when nelson was playing great and we were winning games, I liked him and was praising him for it. Recently, he hasn't been playing that good and I will not blindly dismiss it as injury/playing how the coach wants him to play/or other excuses. Any coach would want a PG with good passing abilities - he has not be able to do that, hasn't been hitting his shots as regularly as before, and is a liability on defense.

You can't do anything with people liking somebody for where they are from, specially if he is from a place that doesn't have many opportunities to get its players into the NBA.

But, what we can do as fans of our home player is to be realistic and make an effort to be objective. We need to recognize weaknesses etc.

But we will support him anyway. What's important to me and I would think for many others is to not be blind and in some way support the team.

Look at it this way, Carlos wouldn't like to play no matter what while the team is losing. He wants to play but he wants to win too. It would be painful to keep playing, but losing. In the same way, we need to support the guy but try to not do it at the expense of the team.

To avoid accusing and flaming posts is very useful too... and that includes both ways. People love to flame in message boards, and I have even reported a post because I thought it contained intentionally offensive comments towards Carlos and the Puertoricans in general.

Some of us are Carlos fans before Magic fans, no point in hiding it. But if I can come here, support the team and have respectful discussions with the rest of the people while supporting my favorite player, then we can hope to keep a good place to discuss.

Why does YET ANOTHER Carlos thread somehow turn in to a "you are all racist against Hispanics"

Grow up CarlosDarwin, I am sick to death of hearing this crap.