Sign in to follow this  
boricua_magic911

Whats Wrong With Arroyo???

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I guess, being an islander, I wasn't aware of the hate you are talking about.

Those things should not be happening...

I never saw it until I moved here....trust me, its stupid and bad....Miami is worst than Orlando, but even here in Orlando you will find Latinos by nacionality. You will find groups divided by where they nation, not really race...its sad....

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Stated by CG:

quote:
Read my lips,"Arroyo is not going anywhere!"

I hope you are right, it will be a huge mistake to trade him!

CG and Davcivic: Que tal una ternerita en fricase con tostones y aguacate?

LOL you guys are trying to torture Dav with all the Puertorican food stuff.

BTW, I had chuletas con arroz y habichuelas rosadas yesterday and Lasa

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

I never saw it until I moved here....trust me, its stupid and bad....Miami is worst than Orlando, but even here in Orlando you will find Latinos by nacionality. You will find groups divided by where they nation, not really race...its sad....

I have a friend that lives and one of the Carolinas and he told me a story about him being in a barber shop where a black was asking him about why Puertoricans hate Mexicans or viceversa... and there was a Mexican guy there. My friend has lived there for less than a year so he's still learning.

So I guess it's not in FLA only.

I think sometimes we just need to be a little more tolerant since the backgrounds are very different. I don't know if groups by nation can be eliminated but at least creating a hate atmosphere between nationalities should be.

That being an opinion of somebody that has not lived there, of course.

Like I said...most of the resentment against puertoricans by other latinamericans is the fact that they don't have to do anything to come to this country. While others have to jump on a boat, or cross a desert or almost die in the ocean.

Then there's a lot to do with crime, gangs, violence....Most gangs start as groups by nacionality, becuase people feel safe and secure being from the same place....and where there's gangs there will be trouble...

I never really faced racism until I came to the USA

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a friend that lives and one of the Carolinas and he told me a story about him being in a barber shop where a black was asking him about why Puertoricans hate Mexicans or viceversa... and there was a Mexican guy there. My friend has lived there for less than a year so he's still learning.

So I guess it's not in FLA only.

I think sometimes we just need to be a little more tolerant since the backgrounds are very different. I don't know if groups by nation can be eliminated but at least creating a hate atmosphere between nationalities should be.

That being an opinion of somebody that has not lived there, of course.

I notice this too.... though last time I brought it up I was labeled a racist lol. My sisters ex bf was from Spain. If anyone assumed he was Mexican, he would get upset/angry.

It's one thing to have pride in your nationality/heritage etc. but to harbor hatred at others is a bit much. I think a lot of it is misplaced pride. Everyone wants to think of themselves as better than someone else in some way shape or form.

Well there's another thing...Mexicans are considered as the lower of the lows in the latin culture...meaning usually they have the worst jobs or what people would find demeaning or insulting, farmers, construction, trash, cleaning etc, etc....A lot of other central americans look mexican because they are decendents from the same american indians, so they are all stereotyped and labeled as mexicans...Mexico has a unique culture and is completely different from other latin countries....The caribbean spanish speaking islands, are very very similar in food and culture...as is colombia, venezuela, argentina, etc....similar but different enough.

But that's why some people get insulted to be called mexicans....if they aren't....I guess it could be like calling a Japanese person, Korean...or calling a Brit...Australian, well this is probably way back then when Australia was more like a prison for the Brits....

its just sad, people shouldn't get mad, but they do

quote:
Originally posted by JJ_I_TRUST:

quote:
Originally posted by boricua_magic911:

has anyone seen arroyo has been starting and only playing round 24 mins...is he inured??

everyone is contributing. Arroyo is starting now not the official starter no one is at the PG spot.

I like the flow of Arroyo and Dooling now but if one of them fails the other will take over or SVG will make the changes. IT was the same when Jameer was starting he only played 25+ mins with Arroyo as a back up. It's a thing of flow.

Unles any of our PG plays allstar PG basketball the situation will be the same the whole year

Davcivic, if Carlos Arroyo were a smarter businessperson, he would find a way to promote selling alcapurrias, bacalaitos, rellenos de papa, piononos rellenos with camarones, and mofongo stuffed with carne frita, along with Medalla beer, sangria de Fido, bili, and pitorro at the Amway Arena. Then, I am 100% sure that when all the Arroyo detractors on this site taste those Puertorro delicacies, they would never let Carlos be traded because of the fear of not being able to enjoy the Boricuan food of the gods anymore....

Im tired of this melodramatic thing with Carlos.The point guards that can help that the team could be a winner,no matter how much points he can have,he will be the starter. When Rashad or Hedo or Dwight dont play well, the team cant win. No matter Carlos or Jameer have 20 or 30 points. Dont be Kids, Play Basketball!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Stated by CG:

quote:
Read my lips,"Arroyo is not going anywhere!"

I hope you are right, it will be a huge mistake to trade him!

CG and Davcivic: Que tal una ternerita en fricase con tostones y aguacate?

LOL you guys are trying to torture Dav with all the Puertorican food stuff.

BTW, I had chuletas con arroz y habichuelas rosadas yesterday and Lasa