Sign in to follow this  
MagicPrimoz

Are most orlando magic fans Racist?

Most of the NFL players are black right?

Most of Baseball players are white right?

I've read where black folks say that there aren't enough "black players in the majors".

Ive also read from a black player (non other than Gary Shefield) that "black latin baseball players especially the black dominicans are not

considered black". Try and figure that one out!

Have you guys also noticed that there are more "white european" basketball players in the

the NBA than white Americans?

White, black, hispanic, jew, islamic, catholic....

Who cares!

quote:
Originally posted by Fern1960:

Most of the NFL players are black right?

Most of Baseball players are white right?

I've read where black folks say that there aren't enough "black players in the majors".

Ive also read from a black player (non other than Gary Shefield) that "black latin baseball players especially the black dominicans are not

considered black". Try and figure that one out!

Have you guys also noticed that there are more "white european" basketball players in the

the NBA than white Americans?

White, black, hispanic, jew, islamic, catholic....

Who cares!

I care... beacause apparently Magicpromoz's spidey sense tells him I am a racist. Thanks for the info, now I know who to hate.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

I know this will start a lot of debates but for the 7th time I attended a game in the Arena I have had people around me make comments like:

Ohh its that hispanic guy coming in again, what is his name?

I don't know why we play that puerto rican guy.

Another day I overheard a person say that we hardly have any white people in the team. Yes they were white people.

I heard comments such as "nobody starts jj because he is white".

Have any of you been around these kind of fans?

Well, as far as the hispanic guy, you are describing someone that you don't know their name so that doesn't really seem racist to me. And it's o.k. to want to see your favorite player play. Whether he is white or black is where you start to get racist by saying he isn't starting because he's white. I don't think jj isn't starting because he's white. he's not starting because he can't play defense as well as the person ahead of him. I admit there are still racist people out there, but not as many as you think. More people are just overly sensitive and cry racist if they can use that to get away with something or to get a leg up on something. Just my opinion.

RACIST? Check this one out!

Last year when they gave out the Carlos Arroyo bobble head, he Arroyo was not too happy with it! Why you may ask? When the media asked him about what were his thoughts on the Carlos Arroyo bobble head. He said the following and I quote... "It's nice in all but they made me look darker than what I am." HAHAHAHA!!!! I was drinking a beer and when I heard his comments I nearly choked from laughing so hard!!!!!

HAHAHA!!!!! What a guber!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

I know this will start a lot of debates but for the 7th time I attended a game in the Arena I have had people around me make comments like:

Ohh its that hispanic guy coming in again, what is his name?

I don't know why we play that puerto rican guy.

Another day I overheard a person say that we hardly have any white people in the team. Yes they were white people.

I heard comments such as "nobody starts jj because he is white".

Have any of you been around these kind of fans?

Well, as far as the hispanic guy, you are describing someone that you don't know their name so that doesn't really seem racist to me. And it's o.k. to want to see your favorite player play. Whether he is white or black is where you start to get racist by saying he isn't starting because he's white. I don't think jj isn't starting because he's white. he's not starting because he can't play defense as well as the person ahead of him. I admit there are still racist people out there, but not as many as you think. More people are just overly sensitive and cry racist if they can use that to get away with something or to get a leg up on something. Just my opinion.

You must be a racist.

i dont think this is a magic fan problem i think its a problem as a whole for america. this heated debate we have about immagrants is getting way out of hand and way to much media attention. people are just sick. both sides have a write to there opinion.

here is my opinion. You all probly know by now im a soldier. So my patriotism probly goes a little deeper than the average citizen. I just got back from Baghdad Iraq where i was injured and now am forced out the scervice. I have alot of pride in my country , just like those who are flying there flags.

the thing that frustraits me is that its not about where you are from its where you are at. Not saying dont love your country but you should undrstand that this is our home and its called america not mexico not p.r. not itally or any other country. thats what makes our country so great is that all these people can come leave here "the one with 50 stars 13 stripes" and live in peace and be free and safe. I know from experience that if you fly another flag in iraq other than the iraqi one your gunna die a horrable death.

So yes it is a bit frustraiting to see other countrys flags being flown all the time, I remember right after 911 everyone had the american flag up and had it proud AND THATS WHAT ITS REALLY ABOUT! I love puerto rico and mexico and i enjoyed both when i went there pluss have many friends from both ethnicitys and im am white. Not to mention my wife is dominican/trini.

there is my point of view. i just think it causes to much un-rest with people who feel as strongly about this great nation that we live as you feel about the one you are from.

quote:
Lets face it, some white americans don't want anyone to succeed. Just look at the white aryan nation etc. People believing they are superior than any non-white race.

those are called extremist and fundimentalist. you know the same words that describe TERRORISTS. they are scum from the same pond. you cant jude the whole race off of a few bad apples. Some of the most honest and loyal, and respectful people i have ever met where iraqis in iraq. Some i still talk to. GO FIGURE. dont hate the whole country cause one guy tried to blow me up with a car bomb do i?

I don't know about most, but there are many out there that act like it. Last Friday against Houston, I had an older gentlemen tell me the only reason Arroyo in Orlando is because he is hispanic and no other team wanted him! Unfortunately he was white also. It is a shame!

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

quote:
Lets face it, some white americans don't want anyone to succeed. Just look at the white aryan nation etc. People believing they are superior than any non-white race.

those are called extremist and fundimentalist. you know the same words that describe TERRORISTS. they are scum from the same pond. you cant jude the whole race off of a few bad apples. Some of the most honest and loyal, and respectful people i have ever met where iraqis in iraq. Some i still talk to. GO FIGURE. dont hate the whole country cause one guy tried to blow me up with a car bomb do i?

You have a point there, well said.