Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

We Want Miami to Win

So they don't get a top draft pick. Seriously, if they land one of the top picks, especially Beasley or Rose, we will have our hands full for years to come.

So they don't get a top draft pick. Seriously, if they land one of the top picks, especially Beasley or Rose, we will have our hands full for years to come.

A top draft pick is not going to fix what ails the Heat. Their problems are such that even a highly talented draft pick won't be able to rescue them from what they're going to be in the next few years.

They were built to win a championship NOW, which they accomplished, but they're nowhere near where they need to be to remain competitive in the long run. I wouldn't be worried about them.

I'm not so sure. This kid, Beasley, plays like Melo, while Rose has the size of Billups. The only thing drowning the Heat is Shaq's contract, which if Riles has a brain, he'd dump at the quickest opportunity.

Yeah, the only thing drowning the Heat is Shaq's contract...and Jason Williams...and Ricky Davis...and Smush Parker...

Add to that the concerns about Wade's ability to rebound from his surgery. He may well be back to his old self next season, but he's certainly not looking good right now. And there's always the possibility that carries over.

The only players with real upside they have (excluding Wade) are Haslem and Cook. Even if you add a talented rookie to that, they still have major problems. Especially since Shaq isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll certainly be able to compete with any team on any given night, as is the case with all teams, but their prospects for serious contention in the next few years are not looking good at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

Yeah, the only thing drowning the Heat is Shaq's contract...and Jason Williams...and Ricky Davis...and Smush Parker...

Add to that the concerns about Wade's ability to rebound from his surgery. He may well be back to his old self next season, but he's certainly not looking good right now. And there's always the possibility that carries over.

The only players with real upside they have (excluding Wade) are Haslem and Cook. Even if you add a talented rookie to that, they still have major problems. Especially since Shaq isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll certainly be able to compete with any team on any given night, as is the case with all teams, but their prospects for serious contention in the next few years are not looking good at all.

Davis and Williams are expiring this summer, while Smush has a small deal. All they have to do is deal Shaq for expirings and they have a young core of Wade, Haslem, and Cook. Add another top All-Star talent to that mix and some role players and they are back in business.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Davis and Williams are expiring this summer, while Smush has a small deal. All they have to do is deal Shaq for expirings and they have a young core of Wade, Haslem, and Cook. Add another top All-Star talent to that mix and some role players and they are back in business.

Maybe, but who is going to take Shaq's contract? They can't trade it. Their only choice is to buy him out, which seems unlikely. The man brought them a championship just like he said he would, I can't imagine them abandoning him like that. Maybe they would, it just seems unlikely to me. But even if they did, they still have a ways to go.

Trust me, we'll end up with more wins than the Heat. They are awful. I'm just hoping they end up better than the lowest 5 teams by winning a few more games.

If Pat Riley was a smart man he would get rid of Shaq somehow and pickup Artest and Dalembert. They still will need a pg but that would be a start for them. Ricky Davis isnt needed there but he can come to the Magic if he wants. I ll take him over the sgs we have hell yea.