Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Let's not belittle Trevor to justify this trade, I understand the reasoning of the deal. Otis did not trade Trevor without thought, he had a lot of respect for this kid.

But both Boston and New Orleans ignore Trevor on the offensive end of the floor. His defender always had one foot in the lane to help crowd Dwight and dare Trevor to shoot.

Cook and Ariza are both with teams and systems that can better utilize their talents.

I really hate to hear this crap. Ariza defenders always had 1foot in the lane to help crowd Dwight and dare Trevor to shoot. Yea that was one reason why Howard gets double teamed but theres another reason too and this has nothing to do with Ariza. Defenders would like to double team Howard becasue they know hes not that good at passing out of double teams. Ariza might be a little bit why they do that but if you know your opponent isnt that great at passing out of double teams yet, then you should always try to double him to create the turnover. Thats one reason Howard always gets alot of turnovers. Has nothing to do with Ariza. Besides their are 3 other shooters out their when Ariza and Howard was in there. Wasnt like they didnt have nobody else to pass to out of double teams. I just think that crap about Ariza dont fit the system cause he cant shoot is total bs. Cause Howard right now isnt considered a passing threat so teams dont take his passing serious.

ok, like most of you i doubted this trade big time, but i said to myself "otis knows something we don't". almost all of his moves have paid big dividends recently so give him the benefit of the doubt. then i read this blurb by Mitch Lawrence of the NY Daily News which may shed some light on otis' decision making process...

"The Magic wanted another shooter to stretch the defense, so it took on the Lakers' Brian Cook, no fan of Phil Jackson, and gave up Trevor Ariza, who, despite being only 22, is a physical wreck waiting to happen. The whispers out of Orlando are that the ex-Knick has structural foot problems that will eventually catch up with him."

so if the speculation holds any truth, otis made a good move. orlando fans wont tolerate anymore of this injury prone garbage.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Let's not belittle Trevor to justify this trade, I understand the reasoning of the deal. Otis did not trade Trevor without thought, he had a lot of respect for this kid.

But both Boston and New Orleans ignore Trevor on the offensive end of the floor. His defender always had one foot in the lane to help crowd Dwight and dare Trevor to shoot.

Cook and Ariza are both with teams and systems that can better utilize their talents.

I really hate to hear this crap. Ariza defenders always had 1foot in the lane to help crowd Dwight and dare Trevor to shoot. Yea that was one reason why Howard gets double teamed but theres another reason too and this has nothing to do with Ariza. Defenders would like to double team Howard becasue they know hes not that good at passing out of double teams. Ariza might be a little bit why they do that but if you know your opponent isnt that great at passing out of double teams yet, then you should always try to double him to create the turnover. Thats one reason Howard always gets alot of turnovers. Has nothing to do with Ariza. Besides their are 3 other shooters out their when Ariza and Howard was in there. Wasnt like they didnt have nobody else to pass to out of double teams. I just think that crap about Ariza dont fit the system cause he cant shoot is total bs. Cause Howard right now isnt considered a passing threat so teams dont take his passing serious.

That makes no sense, if teams did not respect Dwight's passing then Hedo's and Rashard defenders would have a foot in the lane as well.

But that has not been the case, our starting unit has had execellent spacing on the floor and it has to do with the fact that all of our starters can SHOOT!

Ok how come Howard still gets doubled at times then. Ariza is no longer here. Howard isnt considered a passing threat and teams know to crowd him because he will eventually turn the ball over. Hes passing a little better now but not stellar. They used to try to double Shaq as well but he killed their double teams by having good vision to know where everybody was at to make the right passes. Makes perfect sense. Untill Howard keep building his passing game up he will continue getting double teamed.