Sign in to follow this  
ivielma

Improved Turk

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Don't know if anyone noticed but when Jameer is on the bench the offense is going through Hedo. He's acting as a point-forward and he's been doing a decent job with it.

I have seen him grab a rebound or get the ball, Carlos is right there next to him looking for the ball and he won't pass it, he will take it down and setup the offense....Is this planned, or does he not want to pass Carlos the ball....When Jameer is in the game he inmediately gives him the ball...I am not saying anything, its just an observation....

Last year GHill and Turk both had consistent minutes, so he could have played the same way, except the coach was a tyrant...

Turk looks confident and ready to prove the world he can be an allstar. This is benefiting our team.

His defense has been very good, for the most part, and his offense is great as always....He might not be scoring 25 a game, but he is doing his job fine.

I think its planned..as SVG said, they want to give the ball to hedo`s hands as much as we can, because everybody knows he can run the offense and pass the ball well..after taking rebounds he run the offense byhimself. carlos is not running the offense good i think because he priority is his offense we see that many times, free shooters on the corners after the pick&roll but not passing ans swatted,so when carlos is playing with hedo, they share the playmaking.even he brings the ball to the otherside he gives the ball to hedo immediately..

on hedo s improvement, his defense is better. when he s having an off-night he plays good defense. and he makes lots of assists..a 6-10 guy with great ballhandling skills ,capable of playin 4 different positions is a big advantage for our team..

Hedo has always been an open court type of player. Since he has good fundementals and good desicion making capability in the open court basketball he became a better player this season. Thats where Van Gundys system comes into play.

And of course arrival of Rashard and gradual improvement in the point guard play of Nelson is helping Hedo a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I have seen him grab a rebound or get the ball, Carlos is right there next to him looking for the ball and he won't pass it, he will take it down and setup the offense....Is this planned, or does he not want to pass Carlos the ball....When Jameer is in the game he inmediately gives him the ball...I am not saying anything, its just an observation....

I noticed that too.And I also noticed Carlos did not pass ball to Hedo a lot of times when he want ball because he is open position.

When I realize that I tought they don't like each other so much.Hedo is more succesful when Jameer on the court but he played a lot of times with the bench last couple games.

His shots usually not easy positions or wide open he always work penetrating and creating his shots.Moreover when Dwight and Shard on bench Hedo has more attention and he sutruggling shot the ball.Thats why his average not good last couple games.

quote:
The man is like superman too. Not sure if you all noticed last night but Turk tweaked his ankle last night, and like one of the first games of the season where he did the same thing, he stayed in the game and played it off. Turk's got a lot of heart and I'm glad we have him on our squad.