Sign in to follow this  
CoachTsurfing

Darko gets an average grade from me...

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

don't want to open a new thread so i'll post it in this one...

great game by darko yesterday against denver - 14pts, 16reb, 5blk in 40mins. but the grizzlies lost again. anyway, i'm so glad we didn't hire iavaroni last summer, memphis is a joke with him. i don't why but i always have to laugh when i see how they defend. they have some pretty good players but come on, you have to play some defense too. darko has to guard his player and gasol's player. he's stats are awful but i think he's one of the best grizzlies this season, at least he defends. i think the grizzlies would be much better if they trade gasol and hire carlisle instead of iavaroni. and what's the deal with this guy jacobsen ? i mean, they released kinsey and bobby jones (who btw would be a great signing for orlando) and jacobsen is still on the roster? ***?

Posted on the 31st, Gasol traded on the 1st.

Jacobsen is the Grizzlies version of Pat Garrity. He's terrible but the coach likes him. Casey played for the Suns and Coach I. thought that he was great...

Darko's confidence has gone up since the Gasol trade. But the team has no defense. Darko is the only one on the team that can play defense. Unfortunately all he has on offense is a hook shot.

The Grizz are a joke right now and probably will be for the rest of the season and maybe even next season, but all the players are young (Rudy and Darko both 22) and will have lots of time to develop. They are trying to do what the Blazers did and what the Timberwolves are doing.