Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Why no love for the home team?

I've been holding this deep inside for a while now, and it's time to let it out. I watch the news every day,2,6,and 9,and I notice that little,if not enything is mentioned about the Magic threw training camp,there is no player interviews,no video clips,nada darn thing. Every other sport is mentioned,from stupid golf to chimp poo flinging,but they don't mention the MAGIC. I'm sick of the way the media persues the Magic,and they just ignore the home town team,these reporters,and tv sports anylist need tom ge there head out there ars,and do there job. P.s does anyone else hait PING,I can't stand him,he is the corniest sportscaster i've ever seen.

I've been holding this deep inside for a while now, and it's time to let it out. I watch the news every day,2,6,and 9,and I notice that little,if not enything is mentioned about the Magic threw training camp,there is no player interviews,no video clips,nada darn thing. Every other sport is mentioned,from stupid golf to chimp poo flinging,but they don't mention the MAGIC. I'm sick of the way the media persues the Magic,and they just ignore the home town team,these reporters,and tv sports anylist need tom ge there head out there ars,and do there job. P.s does anyone else hait PING,I can't stand him,he is the corniest sportscaster i've ever seen.

I think it all stems from Otis and the local media not liking each other. News channels are going to be reporting the Magic because they have to, but Im sure they arent too bothered to rush to get the details when they have to deal with someone who doesnt like them.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Is all about winning, if the Magic put a winning product on the floor, and provide good entertainment, with an agressive, fast way to play, EVERYBODY, will take notice, nobody, nobody like a loser, and as you know, that is all we are been doing for how many years now???? People will jump in the bandwagon is plenty of room, BELIEVE IT!!!

It might also have to do with all the old,boring ars golfers who live in Florida,it being a retiring state,they don't care about basketball. I saty up every night,and watch the sports part of the news,and they rather talk about highschoolfootball,than the Magic.

I wouldnt put that stereotype on all the old people. My grandparents are some of the biggest Magic fans I know, even though they don't make it out to any of the games.

There are probably many reasons that no one shows love to our team, but I do agree with MagicPhan when he said that it will all change when we start winning consistantly.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

I wouldnt put that stereotype on all the old people. My grandparents are some of the biggest Magic fans I know, even though they don't make it out to any of the games.

There are probably many reasons that no one shows love to our team, but I do agree with MagicPhan when he said that it will all change when we start winning consistantly.

Ya,that may be true,but we really have some crummy sportscaster,pINg is a fool,always doing stupid trivias,and not focusing on sports(Magic)Pat clarke always disses the Magic,no wonder we don't get's no love.

IMO is better like that. we are gonna be the surprise team of the year becasue nobody looked at us and said "that team is dangerous". But if we get a lot of attention and get sweep ( or lose) in the first round of the playoff we are gonna be the bigges dissapointment Of The year

quote:

1. Local Media sucks.

2. Only 10% of Orlando cares about the Magic.