Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Ariza..Overrated or Underrated In The Forum?

quote:
Originally posted by nbr34205:

RATED. Not under or over.

A fine player who should continue to grow with this team. He brings good elements that compliment a lot of individuals in this team, so he has a strong role to play. Look forward to his season.

I agree with you nbr, he is a fine young player who should continue to grow. On the upside, he has already said he spent the summer shooting, shooting, and shooting; and that says something about his work ethic. I realize that it isn't the same as taking the shots in a game, but it is how you develop a consistent rhythm and touch. The fact that we have two young guys in JJ and Trevor whose strengths and weaknesses are the exact opposite; and two veterans (Bogans & Dooling) whose skill sets fall in the middle of both, puts the onus on all four of them to work for minutes. Nothing improves a guy as much as a desire to improve and the willingness to work for it!! I think we have that in all four guys. As I have said, I think Bogans will start the season at SG, but I would be willing to bet he won't finish the season as the starter. My question has always been who will improve fastest, JJ with his defense, or Trevor with his offense.

quote:
Originally posted by el fede:

way overrated... i've read that he's a Tmac in the making somewhere in the boards.

Ariza is a good young player, He never will be like Tmac player, but he can be like G. Wallace from Charlotte Bobcat

Saying he is a future T Mac is absurd. But I think Ariza is the real deal. He does alot more than what shows up on the stat sheet. He's very long and puts a hassle on whoever he is guarding. Underrated rebounder, awesome dunker, good slasher. If he can develop a consistent outside shot there is no reason he cant be a great player for this team.

This is my guy and I may be a little bias because of it but this is what I think...

Ariza has one of the best first steps in the league. His abilities penetrating are proven and they will only get better. He can add a mid shot and become an even more dangerous player. All this said, I still believe that trying to play him as a second guard is the biggest mistake we can make. He's a small forward right now in this league. His skills accomodate best to that position. This being said, it only means that he'll have to come from the bench for now until he finally develop into the player we all believe he can be. THEN Rashard will face a situation of accepting sitting on the bench or move to the power forward or look for another team, unless Rashard expodes with Orlando and becomes such a great player that Ariza will have to ask to be traded. But I don't belive this time is near yet. It should take Ariza two or three more seasons for him to become a star. We have two natural second guards in Bogans and JJ. Let them share that position. It'll be great for JJ to be the replacement of Bogans allowing him to adapt to this new league (NBA). People and himself were expecting too much of him. With time that's another who in a few years should be starting on this or any other team. He's too anxious. He needs to relax a little. Dooling we know will have lots of time playing because his defensive abilities, but once JJ learn to play the defense that is required to play regular, Dooling will fall into the darkness of the bench or replace Bogans in the herarchy. Bogans has the defense to stay at the top for a few years until is replaced by JJ. He's not a timid person which is good for him. He knows he can score and he'll try to score any chance he has. That's what you expect from your second guard. You don't expect from your second guard to be the leader in assists, but one of the team's score leaders and Bogans knows that rol perfect. Ariza has nothing to do playing that position with all the "raw" talent we have there.