Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Steve Blake vs. Vince Carter

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Even though he's playing good for them they might not think it's worth paying 2x to keep him, but I don't really know what the thinking is in Denver.

They don't know what the thinking is there either...it's the altitude, combined with all that free Coors laying around.

::complete loss of focus::

mmmmm.... beer....

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

They will again be trying hard to dump K Mart this summer, they have $41 mill committed next year to 5 bigs (K-Mart, Camby, Nene, Najera and Evans). But the way Blake is playing, he is a perfect fit with AI and Anthony on the perimeter. I don't see how the let him walk even if it means paying the tax.

Oh... yea... so Blake is an unrestricted f/a. Even if Denver makes an offer, there's nothing keeping us from making the same offer or a better one. If, for example, we offered a matching contract and the starting pg spot, there's nothing keeping him from moving on.

Whether or not that's something we'd want to do is another story.

Steve Black could be nice. We will steel need a sg who can score also.

I,m beginning to beleive that JJ can fill the scorer's role in the future. I also am a firm believer in Ariza's new jump shot and that he can be an effective scorer as well w/o changing his excellent defensive-mined focus.

jj.jpg

"Feels good, man." - Hedo after Game 4