LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

A lot of players in this draft have flashed. The only one, however, who has consistently flashed has been Parker. Right now that dude is set apart in my book.

I agree. On the flip side, I have rarely seen anything from wiggins. Wiggins is dropping on my board fast. Someone told me that wiggins was close to harkless. I disagreed, but I am starting to eat my words.

Parker is on another level. Joel is such a quick learner. Exam is an elite play marker at 6'6".

can anybody photoshop parker, wiggins, randle, exum. embiid & smart in a magic uni please?

thanks in advance...mauro pedrosa i know you can sir?

Oh yeah, I was thinking about doing this now that I have free time. I'll do one a day, starting Dec 25th ;)

• Upvote 1

I think what he is trying to say is that having an elite big man may sound awesome, but are they really all they are cracked up to be? Especially in a draft with several sensational wing players and some really good guards to pick from. To me it really is hard to make a decision, but personally I've always been under the assumption you need an elite wing to go with an elite big man. That seems to be a good formula and it has worked on several occasions, one such pairing got us to the finals one year (Penny and Shaq). If we think Oladipo is that elite wing, then yeah we draft Embiid, but if we do not think that is his him, I presume we draft an elite wing or pg.

Yes, and he also said that an elite wing needs an elite big man to go with him. It's kind of the same proposition. Is Vuc an elite big man?

Yes, and he also said that an elite wing needs an elite big man to go with him. It's kind of the same proposition. Is Vuc an elite big man?

It is possible, he has shown flashes, but it is worrisome that he has been a bit inconsistent as of late. Yet, if Vuc can consistently be a threat offensively, and continue to improve defensively...he could be a top 10 center in a few years. Which would make him an elite big man, but we still need that elite wing to take the pressure off of him to see if that is that is the case. Personally I do think it better to get a wing and then get a big man to support him later.

So AT BEST we're still several drafts away? :(/>

I want my unwarranted optimism back...

Just from being a finals team, not a playoff team. After we get our elite player in this draft we can use capspace to sign a good player. Also, with a probable 3 first round picks in 2017 we can be frontrunners in the next big star player trade.

Just from being a finals team, not a playoff team. After we get our elite player in this draft we can use capspace to sign a good player. Also, with a probable 3 first round picks in 2017 we can be frontrunners in the next big star player trade.

what 3? We have the 76ers in 2015, plus ours. We also have ours, plus the Lakers in 2017.

The 76ers will be good soon. They will have 2 high 1st rounders next year and MCW looks like an allstar. In addition, they will have noels coming soon. Noels was considered the best talent in 2013.

If they dont make a stupid trade. They will be good.

what 3? We have the 76ers in 2015, plus ours. We also have ours, plus the Lakers in 2017.

The 76ers will be good soon. They will have 2 high 1st rounders next year and MCW looks like an allstar. In addition, they will have noels coming soon. Noels was considered the best talent in 2013.

If they dont make a stupid trade. They will be good.

No, the 76ers owe a first rounder to Miami. Top 10 protected in 14 and 15. If they somehow convey that pick this year then we get philly's 2016 pick. I don't expect that. Philly gives Miami their 2015 pick and we get their 2017 pick.

Also that 2017 laker pick is only top 5 protected. That could be very valuable based on where you could project their franchise in 2017.

Or maybe they quick rebuild post Kobe and their pick is in the 20s.

Either way we have 3 first round picks to offer a team. As we've seen in other normal drafts, two picks in the 20s can get you into the late lotto. They still have value.

It is possible, he has shown flashes, but it is worrisome that he has been a bit inconsistent as of late. Yet, if Vuc can consistently be a threat offensively, and continue to improve defensively...he could be a top 10 center in a few years. Which would make him an elite big man, but we still need that elite wing to take the pressure off of him to see if that is that is the case. Personally I do think it better to get a wing and then get a big man to support him later.

Top 10 isn't elite, it isn't even All-Star. To give some perspective, Afflalo is closer to elite at SG than Vuc is at center. My thinking is draft Embiid, who's ceiling is much higher, and use Vuc to try and obtain an elite wing player, or a pick that will be used to draft one. I personally think Embiid is closer to a sure thing than Wiggins, who's got Ben McLemore written all over him.

Top 10 isn't elite, it isn't even All-Star. To give some perspective, Afflalo is closer to elite at SG than Vuc is at center. My thinking is draft Embiid, who's ceiling is much higher, and use Vuc to try and obtain an elite wing player, or a pick that will be used to draft one. I personally think Embiid is closer to a sure thing than Wiggins, who's got Ben McLemore written all over him.

How much Kansas basketball have you watched this year?

You do realize that wiggins is three years younger than mclemore right?

Edit: 2 years. Bad math.

How much Kansas basketball have you watched this year?

You do realize that wiggins is three years younger than mclemore right?

To be honest, not a ton. I've only seen them vs. Kentucky, Florida, and Georgetown. I have seen enough to be more impressed with Embiid than Wiggins however. For what it's worth, Jay Bilas agrees :)/>