Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

"Wild Rumor"

I'd send Turk and Garrity for Kwame. Look he's 25 6-11 270 and put up 8.4 ppg 6 rpg and 1.2 bpg all while shooting 59% from the field. That's all we need from our PF. A big body and 5 fouls. There would be no preassure and if he happens to become a decent role player for us we keep him. If not we only lost 1 of 3 SF.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by RodMC:

Kwame is 25 yrs old, but he also has an exp contract = capspace next summer.

We won't have cap space available for the next 6 years with the big albatross that Otis gave Shard.

If Dooling, Arroyo, and Garrity (10 mil-total) stay on the team and we get Kwame(9 mil) as well, there will be a significant amount(19 mil) of salary deducted from our current salary while Dwight and Rashards contracts will total only 30 mil and the next highest contract would be Battie's at 6 mil.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Kwame is 25 yrs old, but he also has an exp contract = capspace next summer.

We won't have cap space available for the next 6 years with the big albatross that Otis gave Shard.

Kwame's contract will do little for our capspace. Ariza is pretty much guaranteed to opt out next year. That would leave us with around $41 mill in contracts with FA's in Garrity, Dooling, Brown, Arroyo, Ariza and Jameer. You would have to waive your rights to all of those guys to create much more cap room than the MLE. Otherwise their capholds would eat up most of the capspace.

I am pretty sure Otis and SVG are going to want Jameer, Ariza and Dooling back. Not to mention Kwame, since you just gave away Hedo for him and still need a PF.

Trading for Kwame to create capspace makes little sense, unless you are willing to walk away from six players to go after another max contract player. Which Otis won't do since that would put him over the Luxury tax after he filled out the roster.

If Dooling, Arroyo, and Garrity (10 mil-total) stay on the team and we get Kwame(9 mil) as well, there will be a significant amount(19 mil) of salary deducted from our current salary while Dwight and Rashards contracts will total only 30 mil and the next highest contract would be Battie's at 6 mil.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

I'm okay with any player who throws Raja Bell to the ground before he gets the chance to flop.

My bad, it was Diaw, hard to tell the floppers apart