Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

"Darko talks about his departure from Orlando" (Sentinel)

not sure if its been posted:

quote:
By Deanna Gugel

After all the discussion about the Magic's handling of Darko Milicic's free agency, I have to admit that I wondered what he would have to say when the public heard Milicic himself speak on the topic -- considering that he had made no secret about his unhappiness with his years with the Pistons. Well, he got his chance on Tuesday, when he was introduced to the media in Memphis. Asked what he thought about the Magic giving up his rights and signing Rashard Lewis, Milicic took the high road. He seems to have moved forward quite easily. That doesn't always make for the most flashy story, but it is refreshing to see. Said Milicic: "I spent a year-and-a-half in Orlando, and it was good for me. They took me out of Detroit, where I never had a chance to play. They gave me some chances to play. I

not sure if its been posted:

quote:
By Deanna Gugel

After all the discussion about the Magic's handling of Darko Milicic's free agency, I have to admit that I wondered what he would have to say when the public heard Milicic himself speak on the topic -- considering that he had made no secret about his unhappiness with his years with the Pistons. Well, he got his chance on Tuesday, when he was introduced to the media in Memphis. Asked what he thought about the Magic giving up his rights and signing Rashard Lewis, Milicic took the high road. He seems to have moved forward quite easily. That doesn't always make for the most flashy story, but it is refreshing to see. Said Milicic: "I spent a year-and-a-half in Orlando, and it was good for me. They took me out of Detroit, where I never had a chance to play. They gave me some chances to play. I

I'm not surprised he said this at all. Everyone expected him to be surly b/c he was pissed off at Brian Hill and Otis Smith for spurning him on the signing, however, the Magic treated him pretty well overall. Also, due to his crappy treatment at the Pistons, people expected him to typically be a snarly guy, but I think we are going to see a totally different player this year and good for him. Now, let's go Magic, this is a big year!!!