Sign in to follow this  
iamthe1_2007

Trade Idea...

For Cap experts...

Checking to see if this would free up capspace for next year...

Outgoing Orlando:

Pat Garrity 3.8 mil

Carlos Arroyo 4.0 mil

Tony Battie 5.2 mil

to

Boston for:

Theo Ratliff 1 year 11.6 mil

and 1 or 2 fillers

this way Boston gets rid of huge contract

will get 2 expiring contracts a serviceable and familiar big a pretty decnet backup pg and the best white guy in the NBA Pat Garrity (lol)

Will this free up pretty good cap space if this was to happen. any thoughts...

For Cap experts...

Checking to see if this would free up capspace for next year...

Outgoing Orlando:

Pat Garrity 3.8 mil

Carlos Arroyo 4.0 mil

Tony Battie 5.2 mil

to

Boston for:

Theo Ratliff 1 year 11.6 mil

and 1 or 2 fillers

this way Boston gets rid of huge contract

will get 2 expiring contracts a serviceable and familiar big a pretty decnet backup pg and the best white guy in the NBA Pat Garrity (lol)

Will this free up pretty good cap space if this was to happen. any thoughts...

that wouldn't be smart for the magic, they are looking to keep battie because they are thin down low...take him out of that trade and add someone else if you want that to be possible at all

If we give up Battie it doesnt make us any deeper in our frontcourt. We get a big and lose a big. It doesnt make to much sense to me since we are looking to get deeper. And Ratliff is very old and I dont know how much more hes got in the tank.

Plus I think we could find a better trade for that.

And with Turk now that IMO is wayyyyy to much just for Ratliff and fillers. We can find a much better trade oppurtunity with Turk.

how does the cap work does this give us any relief taking on his contract. It expires next year and by my math we would prolly gain 3-4 mil. But not a cap expert please inform me...

What did Battie do to make him so bad? He did what he was supposed to last year. I was satisfied with him.

DLO im not mad at Battie. I like Battie a lot. Just trying to free up cap. I know a lot of peeps are hating on Battie contract. I think Ratliff very much the same with a little better D than Battie. But not hating on Bat-Man just trying to free up space. I really think we need to find the missing link to take us over the top. Dont know who or what it is yet but I feel we need 1 maybe 2

guys.(1 bench, 1 starter) We need cap space. We cant just keep adding pieces with MLE over the next 5-6 years. That would be a huge mistake unless we find a solid 3rd option for Dwight & Shard...

quote:
Originally posted by iamthe1_2007:

Ratliff cant be no worst than Battie... Prynce Im just trying to free up cap relief for next year free agent crop pr maybe year after too...

I feel ya bruh. but understand we can get better value and free up cap space. Understand that bruh. We in this together.