Sign in to follow this  
b2theizzo

Would Artest be worth it?

Well lets put it this way. Its between him and Wallace. Both are 25 years old and great defenders but Artest is more polished offensively. So he would be worth it as this Magic team does need some of the fire, passion and agressiveness that he would bring. Wallace does the same so I have no problem getting either of them

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

Not if you can get Wallace. Artest's history is nothing but trouble. He'd be an embarasment to the team. Besides, Wallace would be cheeper.

Wallace doesn't come cheaper because he will command MUCH more than the MLE which is expected to start at a little over 6 mil for 5 years. 8 or 9 mil is what it would take to get him here whereas Artest has 2 years left on his contract at 7 mil per.

But you're right, if we can get Wallace then i'm all for it. He fits better anyway and maybe will even give us a discount to come to a winning team lol... One can only dream.

Meer

Wallace

Lewis

Darko

Dwight

it makes good business sense to do it; low risk, high reward. trade for him and evaluate him up to the all star break. If he isn't helping the team by then or getting into more trouble, you trade for him at the deadline. There will be plenty of teams who want an expiring contract at that time. Or you keep him if he plays well, and you get dwight to convince him to stay for next season or renegotiate an extension. worse come worse, we get into the second round of the playoffs and he walks away at the end of the season. no harm no foul.

Im gonna regret saying this, but no. I like Ron Artest but I think he would not fit with us. Artest is an awesome player, hes got offense and is a defending beast, but his problems outside the court is a gamble. We have already taken one gamble this offseason(Shard) that I am happy about but I dont want to risk loosing turk for something that might screw up the team.