Sign in to follow this  
nbr

New Jersey Nets - expectations.

To my liking Vince Carter has agreed to a contract with the New Jersey Nets for 4 year. Most of you would already know that, lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922561

However in reading a few comments in regard to this signing I'm surprised by the reaction to the people thoughts on the fate of New Jersey. Last time I strung the issue up, not many agreed, which is fine by me. The reasons behind this being a poor move stood around the age group and its lack of effect in previous attempts.

I find that interesting and stand opposed with a view that this is in fact, the right decision for Vince Carter. If you put away your wants and desires for our ball club, I think its smart on his part. Our team is on a direction that requires further improvement and doesn't have the stability and isn't in a prime position to undertake such a player, where as for Jersey.

The trio may be up and a guy like Jefferson may make way for a solid big guy in the paint, something which is an obvious need for that squad and will greatly benefit this team and Jefferson. However, within the trio two will likely remain. In fact the three may remain, so I'm just speculating, but within the two still stands one of the elite point guards in the league to this day, Mr.Triple Double himself, JKIDD. Sure a player who is pushing on but christ, the guy can play and is still as effective on the court. Vince Carter returning will prolong this effect. You take those two elements and quite possibly three and you put them alongside a healthy Krstic who announced himself in this past season until injury took its toll, its a product of interest. Now take into account the late play of Nachbar, an excellent composed floor general in Marcus Williams, a solid big man presence in Mikki Moore, who too came alive. A Josh Boone for added depth. Antoine Wright, who is another en lighting prospect, this team is solid and rightly so he's feeling content to continue.

Is it a Championship caliber team, possibly, but more importantly its his better shot now. When your a Vince Carter, are you in a position to wait for things to come along?

To my liking Vince Carter has agreed to a contract with the New Jersey Nets for 4 year. Most of you would already know that, lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2922561

However in reading a few comments in regard to this signing I'm surprised by the reaction to the people thoughts on the fate of New Jersey. Last time I strung the issue up, not many agreed, which is fine by me. The reasons behind this being a poor move stood around the age group and its lack of effect in previous attempts.

I find that interesting and stand opposed with a view that this is in fact, the right decision for Vince Carter. If you put away your wants and desires for our ball club, I think its smart on his part. Our team is on a direction that requires further improvement and doesn't have the stability and isn't in a prime position to undertake such a player, where as for Jersey.

The trio may be up and a guy like Jefferson may make way for a solid big guy in the paint, something which is an obvious need for that squad and will greatly benefit this team and Jefferson. However, within the trio two will likely remain. In fact the three may remain, so I'm just speculating, but within the two still stands one of the elite point guards in the league to this day, Mr.Triple Double himself, JKIDD. Sure a player who is pushing on but christ, the guy can play and is still as effective on the court. Vince Carter returning will prolong this effect. You take those two elements and quite possibly three and you put them alongside a healthy Krstic who announced himself in this past season until injury took its toll, its a product of interest. Now take into account the late play of Nachbar, an excellent composed floor general in Marcus Williams, a solid big man presence in Mikki Moore, who too came alive. A Josh Boone for added depth. Antoine Wright, who is another en lighting prospect, this team is solid and rightly so he's feeling content to continue.

Is it a Championship caliber team, possibly, but more importantly its his better shot now. When your a Vince Carter, are you in a position to wait for things to come along?

If the nets are to have any shot at a championship they need a post player, Kristic is good but he is not enough.

Randolph would have been a good fit in NJ and I feel would push them to challenge but until they get another big they have no chance.

In order to trade for a big they will have to give up RJ and with Kidd getting older the window for a championship is getting very small!!

i think new jersey are championship contenders this year with free agency just starting they have already resigned their star player vince carter and drafted a great shot blocker (sean williams) who is being compared to a young kenyon martin. I think this is jason kidd's last year to play his usual self then he's going to decline so this is really new jerseys last chance to win now and i think they will be a lot better, because of their draft, free agency and having nenad kristic come back from injury, i think he could lead them in scoring this year. He is an amazing talent who gets better every year. Watch out for this team to lead the much improved Atlantic Division and get home court advantage in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

If the nets are to have any shot at a championship they need a post player, Kristic is good but he is not enough.

Randolph would have been a good fit in NJ and I feel would push them to challenge but until they get another big they have no chance.

In order to trade for a big they will have to give up RJ and with Kidd getting older the window for a championship is getting very small!!

lmfao dude, Krstic was the biggest reason for the nets success before he got injured.

how come everyone is an expert for this game?

and as we Serbians like to say ;jebem te glupa!