Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Agreed.

Wonder if Weltman having  connection with Milwaukee, if they've talked?

I thought about that but i don't see the trade

12 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I thought about that but i don't see the trade

Brogdon? Weltman's comments about moves for down the road made me think about Parker. Milwaukee probably doesn't do that but maybe for Evan? Maybe for Vuch and Mario? I dunno.

I need some rumors.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Brogdon? Weltman's comments about moves for down the road, I wondered about Parker. Milwaukee probably doesn't do that but maybe for Evan? Maybe for Vuch and Mario? I dunno.

I need some rumors.

I'd like brogdon.  I imagine Milwaukee does too 

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Wouldn't they rather have Snell and Parker vs Fournier? 

I guess it depends on if they want to pay Parker 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Especially when it effects our long term financial health

But we’d only be holding him for one extra year. There’s really not much of a financial health problem. That’s assuming you keep Vuc. You can roll the dice and hope you get a better offer but that’s a risk. The Pelicans NEED a player and this is where we should take advantage of that. We can give them salary relief AND a better player. Give us Asik, FRP, AND another prospect or a 2nd rounder. Technically this fits the 3-4 year window thing. 

Just now, Ibn Battuta said:

But we’d only be holding him for one extra year. There’s really not much of a financial health problem. That’s assuming you keep Vuc. You can roll the dice and hope you get a better offer but that’s a risk. The Pelicans NEED a player and this is where we should take advantage of that. We can give them salary relief AND a better player. Give us Asik, FRP, AND another prospect or a 2nd rounder. Technically this fits the 3-4 year window thing. 

That extra year is important.  Its a good free agency class and we'd be one of the few teams with cap space.  Another year and all the dumb contracts are off the books for other teams.  

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

That extra year is important.  Its a good free agency class and we'd be one of the few teams with cap space.  Another year and all the dumb contracts are off the books for other teams.  

With that thinking you will always keep punting. There’s so much that can change between now and then. Hell Asik might even exercise his ETO and leave anyway. 

The market for a player like Vucevic is not hot. No team is thinking “hey we need vucevic he might be the last piece.” But here come the Pelicans who want to make the playoffs at all costs. If there is any chance to turn him into late teens or early twenties pick that’s a great opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

With that thinking you will always keep punting. There’s so much that can change between now and then. Hell Asik might even exercise his ETO and leave anyway. 

The market for a player like Vucevic is not hot. No team is thinking “hey we need vucevic he might be the last piece.” But here come the Pelicans who want to make the playoffs at all costs. If there is any chance to turn him into late teens or early twenties pick that’s a great opportunity. 

And I'm saying the 20th pick in this draft isn't worth another center sinking our salary cap.  Especially considering asik and a first is worth a trade exception. 

Look at the Mavs. They’ve been doing the cap space thing for YEARS. Tried for Dwight. Deron. DAJ. And struck out. Having cap space just means you have the ability to sign people. There’s no guarantee after that. However, with an additional first round pick we can scout more players. We could even use that pick with Biyombo to move him if we really want to open up space.