Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Said EXACTLY like every GM who should be fired. We didn't have luck....MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK! The Celts were in a much worse situation than us and in a short time they have made their own luck with worse picks than us too. This kind of thinking is what makes really bad teams and management. If I can't get Lebron every draft I have an out...come on. Trade up, down or out...make your own luck.

Also, free agency and trades.

Boston and other teams also used FA and trades to sign guys like IT, Crowder, etc. if you look at the guys they recently drafted like jaylen brown and Marcus smart -- those guys aren't anything special right now. But their GM combined them with other solid players.

We pretty much skipped that part and added lame veterans to super young raw players and we hoped it was gonna work out.

Boston and other teams also used FA and trades to sign guys like IT, Crowder, etc. if you look at the guys they recently drafted like jaylen brown and Marcus smart -- those guys aren't anything special right now. But their GM combined them with other solid players.

We pretty much skipped that part and added lame veterans to super young raw players and we hoped it was gonna work out.

This,^ if we had gotten solid veterans who were hard workers then the mindset in our young players would be different. Instead we got the Jeff greens and Ben gordons just looking for that last big check.

Said EXACTLY like every GM who should be fired. We didn't have luck....MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK! The Celts were in a much worse situation than us and in a short time they have made their own luck with worse picks than us too. This kind of thinking is what makes really bad teams and management. If I can't get Lebron every draft I have an out...come on. Trade up, down or out...make your own luck.

They tried to make their own luck. They made moves to acquire young assets, to get high draft opportunities, to keep cap flexibility, to lure FA's (Millsap), and make trades without being ripped off.

Where it went wrong, and what Perry is referring to is the Wiggins/Parker draft and the Porzingis draft.

After that came Skiles and it just went all down hill. Rob did do a good job of maintaining cap flexibility, bouncing back from the Skiles drama by hiring Vogel, and getting TRoss and a pick for Ibaka.

Only thing I feel that Rob probably should've done differently is taking a risk on Cousins. I totally get why he didn't. He's not good at always controlling his emotions and he has HWNSNBU as a agent. It's super risky but if I was Rob, knowing f talent like that doesn't grow on trees and your seat is getting warm, you take the risk.

Rob went after Millsap.

Who would've you liked him to go after last off season? Joakim Noah at 20+ million per? Chandler Parsons at the same amount?

I don't know why you all are excited about boston.

Boston looks like crap. Chicago is just doing a good job playing worse because they don't have a competent point guard or coach.

I don't know why you all are excited about boston.

Boston looks like crap. Chicago is just doing a good job playing worse because they don't have a competent point guard or coach.

I agree but Boston has done an incredible job of winning with a 5'8" guy leading a bunch of no names.

I agree but Boston has done an incredible job of winning with a 5'8" guy leading a bunch of no names.

its mostly because they stuck with a plan. Drafting high energy good defensive players in Bradley, Smart, Rozier, and Jaylen Brown. Then getting lucky with crowder as a throw in on the rondo trade which was primarily for Jameer and Brandon Wright as high character role players for stopgaps and the 2016 first they got. Crowder was a garbage player in dallas but he highlights the point that you should always try to grab prospects. sometimes all they need is a change in scenery.

Thomas doesn't work on other teams. He might be the worst defensive player in the league. but they surround him with enough defense that it works.

We were like that for a while too. Pulling Fournier, Harris, Vucevic, Afflalo off the scrap heap and turning them into something. Just didn't get that one guy to carry the offense. Then we just lost our way at some point.

its mostly because they stuck with a plan. Drafting high energy good defensive players in Bradley, Smart, Rozier, and Jaylen Brown. Then getting lucky with crowder as a throw in on the rondo trade which was primarily for Jameer and Brandon Wright as high character role players for stopgaps and the 2016 first they got. Crowder was a garbage player in dallas but he highlights the point that you should always try to grab prospects. sometimes all they need is a change in scenery.

Thomas doesn't work on other teams. He might be the worst defensive player in the league. but they surround him with enough defense that it works.

We were like that for a while too. Pulling Fournier, Harris, Vucevic, Afflalo off the scrap heap and turning them into something. Just didn't get that one guy to carry the offense. Then we just lost our way at some point.

Skiles

That's where it all turned.

Whether you make your own luck or not it still takes time as Perry pointed out. See Minnesota who had some luck and also made their own if you need a current example of that.

Whether you make your own luck or not it still takes time as Perry pointed out. See Minnesota who had some luck and also made their own if you need a current example of that.

There GM should be fired. They have had no brainer picks and still can't build a winning team.