Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

And if we signed someone to an absurd contract just to make you not so salty you'd then be pissed. FO is doing the right thing by sitting this offseason out. Teams are being ridiculous with the new money.

there's been plenty of contracts that fit our timetable/money. now that the big dogs are all done maybe we'll start to make moves. we might have the second or third most capspace left.

I have mixed feelings on our offseason so far. Not being connected to any of these free agents has been frustrating and it has been equally frustrating to watch all the talent leave the East and go to the West. In a perfect world, we would scrap everything and do the most epic NBA draft of all time and redraft every single team to rebalance it out. But that'll never happen, so I need to look somewhere else to be optimistic.

I'm now optimistic in our front office (minus Martins). I'm optimistic in the coach (don't know much about the assistants but I like Vogel a lot).

I'm less optimistic about the team, but I do like that we aren't just throwing money at people hoping to form some sort of competitive team. I think we bring Gordon and Fournier together and tell them that they are the core we want to build around. Sit Hezonja down and show him endless clips of Jamal Crawford/Manu, let him become a valuable 6th man.

Then figure out our identity as a team. Are we going to be the gritty defensive team like Memphis and Pacers? Or do we want to be the versatile athletic run-n-gun team, trying to keep up with the Warriors and Thunder? We need that identity or we will never really be able to move forward. With D12, we knew we have a dominant big man. Surround him with 3&D guys and give him the ball. We need that clear identity again.

With all that being said, I'd still like to see us go after a few free agents. Here are a couple I'd be interested in:

Tim Hardaway Jr (RFA)

Jonathon Simmons

Tyreke Evans

Kelly Olynyk

Andre Roberson (RFA)

Nerlens Noel (RFA)

Here's hoping we make some moves and start to shape an identity and culture for this organization.

I have mixed feelings on our offseason so far. Not being connected to any of these free agents has been frustrating and it has been equally frustrating to watch all the talent leave the East and go to the West. In a perfect world, we would scrap everything and do the most epic NBA draft of all time and redraft every single team to rebalance it out. But that'll never happen, so I need to look somewhere else to be optimistic.

I'm now optimistic in our front office (minus Martins). I'm optimistic in the coach (don't know much about the assistants but I like Vogel a lot).

I'm less optimistic about the team, but I do like that we aren't just throwing money at people hoping to form some sort of competitive team. I think we bring Gordon and Fournier together and tell them that they are the core we want to build around. Sit Hezonja down and show him endless clips of Jamal Crawford/Manu, let him become a valuable 6th man.

Then figure out our identity as a team. Are we going to be the gritty defensive team like Memphis and Pacers? Or do we want to be the versatile athletic run-n-gun team, trying to keep up with the Warriors and Thunder? We need that identity or we will never really be able to move forward. With D12, we knew we have a dominant big man. Surround him with 3&D guys and give him the ball. We need that clear identity again.

With all that being said, I'd still like to see us go after a few free agents. Here are a couple I'd be interested in:

Tim Hardaway Jr (RFA)

Jonathon Simmons

Tyreke Evans

Kelly Olynyk

Andre Roberson (RFA)

Nerlens Noel (RFA)

Here's hoping we make some moves and start to shape an identity and culture for this organization.

we're going to be a long versatile defensive team that switches every screen and tries to get out in transition. Look for long players who can play multiple positions. centers with footspeed.

we're going to be a long versatile defensive team that switches every screen and tries to get out in transition. Look for long players who can play multiple positions. centers with footspeed.

Yeah, that's what I hope we become too. But what moves can we/will we make to get our team there? Because I don't think we will get there with Vuch or Payton. I'm still holding out hope on Payton but it is fading pretty quickly.

Like any of the names I mentioned? I think most of those guys (maybe minus Evans) would fit that mold.

Yeah, that's what I hope we become too. But what moves can we/will we make to get our team there? Because I don't think we will get there with Vuch or Payton. I'm still holding out hope on Payton but it is fading pretty quickly.

Like any of the names I mentioned? I think most of those guys (maybe minus Evans) would fit that mold.

Jonathon Simmons

Shelvin Mack

James Johnson

Jonas Jerebko

Jonathon Simmons

Yeah, I loved what I saw from that guy this past season. Not the best shooter in the world, but he will play with heart and passion and I think that's something this team could feed off of, instead of the laid back attitudes of Vuch/Payton. Let's get some excitement going.

I'm all for anyone that will take DJ Augustin's minutes. If we go in to next season with him as backup point I'll be really disappointed. Who knows, maybe the plan is to play Mario at the 1.

Payton/Hezonja

Fournier/Ross

Isaac/Iwundu

Gordon/FA

Vucevic/Biyombo

Our roster is kinda depleted though, look at who is under contract for the 2017-2018 season:

PG - Payton/Augustin/Watson/Georges-Hunt

SG - Fournier/Ross/

SF - Gordon/Hezonja/Garino

PF - Isaac/

C - Biyombo/Vucevic

I can only imagine that we will eventually sign Iwundu. I like what I've seen from him so far.

Like, common haha that's just kinda laughable.

I'm all for anyone that will take DJ Augustin's minutes. If we go in to next season with him as backup point I'll be really disappointed. Who knows, maybe the plan is to play Mario at the 1.

Payton/Hezonja

Fournier/Ross

Isaac/Iwundu

Gordon/FA

Vucevic/Biyombo

yeah. Augustin is at his best playing slow.

we want to play fast

we want to switch everything. Augustin is short and sleight. cant switch onto bigger players.

Even if Augustin played well last year (which he didn't) he definitely doesn't fit what we're trying to do.