Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Please stay away from Olynyk

He's a guy you hate unless he's on your team.

I hate Boston

Why? At the very least we have at least 1 team that can compete against the Cavs. From pure entertainment purposes, I'm happy he went to Boston.

Say what you want about ainge but the dude kept all his assets and just signed a marquee FA. So damn jealous.

Yep. They could potentially have 2 top 5 picks next year too. Insane. I'd like to think Ainge will finally cash in on some of those picks for a big time player.

I'm debating on if I'd trade a future first for smart. I wouldn't want to pay him later. And he's definitely not a starter. But he fills a need.

Smart would be an interesting fit here, but it'd be risky to go in to next offseason with Gordon, Payton and Smart all due extensions.

Looks like Tyler Zeller is one of their highest paid players... for now. Bradley and Thomas are gonna get PAID next year

I'm debating on if I'd trade a future first for smart. I wouldn't want to pay him later. And he's definitely not a starter. But he fills a need.

Hes too valuable to Boston as a guy who shoves people when they foul IT/Hayward and also occasionally hits 3s

Smart would be an interesting fit here, but it'd be risky to go in to next offseason with Gordon, Payton and Smart all due extensions.

Looks like Tyler Zeller is one of their highest paid players... for now. Bradley and Thomas are gonna get PAID next year

I just feel like you're trading for one year of smart. Because someone is going to convince themselves he can be their starter.

They can have the first we obtained in the deal for the 25th this year LOL.

I wouldn't give up much more than that for Smart. Don't get me wrong, I love how he plays the game--but he just isn't that good of a player outside of his defense. He is exactly what we need though in terms of a player that plays tough and isn't afraid to mix it up. We don't have that.

I still think Vuch makes a ton of sense for Boston's frontcourt with their rebounding issues--but I don't know what a realistic deal would look like.

I just feel like you're trading for one year of smart. Because someone is going to convince themselves he can be their starter.

I could see that, and it's probably why Boston is trying to get something for him now because they know they're not keeping him.. I dunno, I've thought for a long time the Celtics would be one of the few teams that would be interested in Vucevic but they need to save money not spend it with the free agents they have coming up next year.

Man, Jazz fans are obliterating Hayward. I thought that fan base might be different. I don't know how they can be so upset, I mean--I do to an extent but it's hard to fault him for leaving. It's Boston. He has his old college coach which based off his letter sounded like a big deal to him. Boston plays in the East. Boston has an absurd amount of assets. Utah was a solid team but they weren't even a top 5 team in the West. Boston is instantly the second best team in the East and if Ainge finally cashes in on some picks they might be able to get another star.

Man, Jazz fans are obliterating Hayward. I thought that fan base might be different. I don't know how they can be so upset, I mean--I do to an extent but it's hard to fault him for leaving. It's Boston. He has his old college coach which based off his letter sounded like a big deal to him. Boston plays in the East. Boston has an absurd amount of assets. Utah was a solid team but they weren't even a top 5 team in the West. Boston is instantly the second best team in the East and if Ainge finally cashes in on some picks they might be able to get another star.

I think fans get an emotional connection with a player after a few years especially when they're you're best player. Some fans are old school and want to know where's the loyalty to the team that gave you a chance in the league.

Most I've seen are having a crisis of fandom. They've spent the last 15 years or so just watching guys leave every time the get hope