Sign in to follow this  
jec

Gamethread: Magic @ Bulls 11/7/26

Serious question: how are we so bad at rebounding? We have great athletes and several solid individual rebounders but we're getting pounded on the glass every game.

Serious question: how are we so bad at rebounding? We have great athletes and several solid individual rebounders but we're getting pounded on the glass every game.

I haven't looked at this so I'm just throwing things out there.

how much of our rebounding is fewer rebounds due to giving up high shooting percentages.

I haven't looked at this so I'm just throwing things out there.

how much of our rebounding is fewer rebounds due to giving up high shooting percentages.

Probably has something to do with it. We always allow a higher percentage than we shoot ourselves so we have less opportunities. Also seems like an effort thing, unfortunately. Ibaka is only averaging 5.4 rebounds a game so far.

Frankie V looked really annoyed in the post game press conference. Hopefully it causes him to change things up.

I believe in Frank as a coach because I've seen him do great things. Maybe it's a talent issue, but we just make everything tough with the players we have. Even when we win, we're never comfortable

Frankie V looked really annoyed in the post game press conference. Hopefully it causes him to change things up.

I think he was more ticked off about officiating because he preaches the idea of defense by obstruction without fouling. Players defend drives through verticality and not actively attacking the basketball. When refs call fouls on those plays it diminishes his message and things start to break down, players lose trust, etc.

right or wrong, that's what I took from the press conference.