Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

" With his rookie contract having expired, Fournier received a qualifying offer from the Magic earlier this week, making him a restricted free agent and giving the team the right of first refusal. Given the numbers we’ve seen on many of the early free agent agreements today, it seems possible that Fournier could’ve found a maximum-salary offer sheet – which would have been worth closer to $95MM over four years – from another team. Instead, he’ll take slightly less than that to remain with the Magic on a five-year pact." - hoops rumors last summer.

That sounds like near max

I mean i guess it's a subjective term but i don't think 68 is "near" 95.

No. You think nobody will want his contract.

No, I don't expect the magic to get anything good for him, and to say his contract plays no role in that would be wrong. What would you expect in a Fournier trade? What is a reasonable "get"?

85 million, with a buyout 5th

The 95 million quoted is only 4 years though. A max contract for Fournier would have been something near 22, 23, 24, 25. Instead he's making 17 flat. That's a big difference

No, I don't expect the magic to get anything good for him, and to say his contract plays no role in that would be wrong. What would you expect in a Fournier trade? What is a reasonable "get"?

That's a different argument. You started your argument with the statement "who would want his contract". The answer to that is a lot of teams.

What could we get for Fournier is different because very few guys are available. Probably a guy similar to Fournier but at a different position.

Or better yet, if you're a GM looking to add for the playoff run, who would you rather trade for: Meeks @6 million for half a season and you can walk away if he doesn't fit or fournier long term at nearly triple the cost per yr?

Or better yet, if you're a GM looking to add for the playoff run, who would you rather trade for: Meeks @6 million for half a season and you can walk away if he doesn't fit or fournier long term at nearly triple the cost per yr?

Meeks if you're looking to add bench scoring and have a well defined core. Fournier if you don't have a great shooting guard and are looking for a long term solution.

So Boston and Toronto would hypothetically prefer meeks. I think San Antonio would prefer Fournier

I got a question for everyone. What pct. Do the magic make a trade before the deadline? My guess based on past moves.

51%. And that's being optimistic. Also who do you want moved? Top 3.

Vuc

Evan

Green.

There's mine.

Good questions

100%

Vooch

Payton

Green

I really want a top 10 draft pick this year in order to draft one of the stud PGs #tankyou #tankcommander