Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

LeBron for one, and Cleveland isn't a huge market.

Bad example. He's from Ohio and was drafted by them. There's a huge emotional connection there.

Plus, he wouldn't have gone there had they not drafted Kylie, which they did after they tanked

We all know that no GM hits on every pick. However, if we were able to re-do the drafts, who was possibly better that Hennigan should possibly have drafted?

2012- Draymond Green,Middleton, Fournier, Crowder, Barton

2013- Antetokounmpo, Gobert, McCollum (much better offensively, horrible defensively)

2014- I still think Gordon was the correct pick here, LaVine, Nurkic, Capela, Jokic

2015- Myles Turner, Booker, Dekker (This is early, but this draft doesn't look very good right now).

So he could have done better, but I don't think that is a horrible drafting record.

Not to be funny but you missed some very obvious names in the 2014 draft. His name is almost a bad word here, but Julius Randle is someone that would fit well with what we have now-and is better than AG. Dwight Powell is also someone whom I believe to be a superior fit for our team. Objectively, Rodney Hood would also have to be considered from a fit perspective. The four you listed also would be better fits. Thats more than a handful. I don't like playing this game though because hindsight is always better of course. That particular year there were clearly better options and AG was widely considered a reach. It still has yet to come close to paying off.

Not to be funny but you missed some very obvious names in the 2014 draft. His name is almost a bad word here, but Julius Randle is someone that would fit well with what we have now-and is better than AG. Dwight Powell is also someone whom I believe to be a superior fit for our team. Objectively, Rodney Hood would also have to be considered from a fit perspective. The four you listed also would be better fits. Thats more than a handful. I don't like playing this game though because hindsight is always better of course. That particular year there were clearly better options and AG was widely considered a reach. It still has yet to come close to paying off.

Are you suggesting Dwight Powell is better than Gordon?

Are you suggesting Dwight Powell is better than Gordon?

A better fit for our team? Yes. When comparing advanced stats (aside from 3pt shooting)? Yes. When considering upside? MAYBE not, but not as clear cut as you or some Magic fans may feel.

link comparing the two players

Then you forgot saric

He's a SF with the ability to play PF, which adds to the diversity I was speaking of. Though for the sake of conversation I was talking picks that involved tanking-which Saric did not embody.

A better fit for our team? Yes. When comparing advanced stats (aside from 3pt shooting)? Yes. When considering upside? MAYBE not, but not as clear cut as you or some Magic fans may feel.

link comparing the two players

Nah. Powell is ok but he's a high energy pf/c off the bench. He's also 25.