Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Well Giannis is actually good. Gordon has no shot.

Meh. Giannis is overrated. All the mainstream coverage loves him but he's not much better than AG. Not saying Giannis isn't good btw (before trolls rush in). But the prime Penny comparisons are ridiculous.

Meh. Giannis is overrated. All the mainstream coverage loves him but he's not much better than AG. Not saying Giannis isn't good btw (before trolls rush in). But the prime Penny comparisons are ridiculous.

Are you serious? Giannis is scoring 23.6PPG on 53.8FG% (not that great from the 3, only shooting 28.4% from there), 78.3FT%, 3.3AST per game, and a 28.3 PER (3rd best in NBA). Not to mention he’s 7th in the league in steals per game, 4th in blocks, and 8th in defensive winshares.

I like Gordon but come on, he is not even close to that right now.

This might be the craziest thing I've ever read

Meh. Maybe I'm just a homer and a hater. Forgot you're not really allowed to have an opinion around here.

I like AG a lot. And make no mistake, you're allowed to have an opinion and we're allowed to disagree.

I just think Giannis is a terrific player already. Not even a prospect anymore. I'd say he's the best player that entered the league after Anthony Davis.

I like AG a lot. And make no mistake, you're allowed to have an opinion and we're allowed to disagree.

I just think Giannis is a terrific player already. Not even a prospect anymore. I'd say he's the best player that entered the league after Anthony Davis.

He has been phenomenal this year, I agree he's moved WAY beyond prospect.

He's a year ahead of Gordon in his development, I still think Gordon can be all star level, but I still don't know if he will be a ball handling point forward, like Giannis, or more an athletic PF like Blake. We can't keep chopping and changing with him though ... that will eventually ruin his development

He has been phenomenal this year, I agree he's moved WAY beyond prospect.

He's a year ahead of Gordon in his development, I still think Gordon can be all star level, but I still don't know if he will be a ball handling point forward, like Giannis, or more an athletic PF like Blake. We can't keep chopping and changing with him though ... that will eventually ruin his development

Yes. Gordon is the best prospect we have and we should treat him with a lot more care. This organization is clueless, though. Just look at where we stand

--

I also think Gordon is a Power Foward on offense, but he can guard anyone he wants on the other end of the court. I think his offensive game should be modelled after Draymond and Blake. I don't think he has the Paul George, Kevin Durant, Giannis gene of a tall Small Forward that can really handle the ball

I just think it's possible to be good and overrated at the same time and Giannis fits in that category to me. He's had a great season so far, but he's also had significantly higher usage and minutes per game throughout his career than Aaron has. He's also had the benefit of health luck that Aaron hasn't had so far. Right now, the obvious choice is GA... going forward in their careers I think AG will make it really interesting

I just think it's possible to be good and overrated at the same time and Giannis fits in that category to me. He's had a great season so far, but he's also had significantly higher usage and minutes per game throughout his career than Aaron has. He's also had the benefit of health luck that Aaron hasn't had so far. Right now, the obvious choice is GA... going forward in their careers I think AG will make it really interesting

Can you support your opinion with facts or something?

Can you support your opinion with facts or something?

It is fact, in the post you quoted of mine mind you, that GA has had a higher usage by over 3% and has averaged almost 10 more minutes a game than AG through their careers thus far. GA, being in the league a year longer has also played over 100 more games than AG. I think the mainstream NBA media overrates GA because they're already placing him amongst the superstars. My opinion from the get go has been that GA is a good basketball player but I believe when AG gets more opportunities to be "the guy" he won't be far behind, if he's behind at all.

It is fact, in the post you quoted of mine mind you, that GA has had a higher usage by over 3% and has averaged almost 10 more minutes a game than AG through their careers thus far. GA, being in the league a year longer has also played over 100 more games than AG. I think the mainstream NBA media overrates GA because they're already placing him amongst the superstars. My opinion from the get go has been that GA is a good basketball player but I believe when AG gets more opportunities to be "the guy" he won't be far behind, if he's behind at all.

Ok

Surprised that Giannis got voted by the fans to the All Star game. Didn't know he was that popular outside of Milwaukee. You would think that after last year's dunk contest AG could get voted over him.

Giannis is way way way better of a player and much more popular. Not a surprise he got the nod.