Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

forget boogie

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA · 18s19 seconds ago

Steve Kyler Retweeted serge clutch ibaka

The conversations Orlando has had with Kings centered on Rudy Gay.

Smfh. Cya Henny

im listening to the lowe post-windhorst podcast.

don't know why you guys think its in relations to cousins. they mention we're shopping payton and vucevic. So we're looking at PGs and probably SFs.

Come on man. You know that's now how it works.

Ibaka would still be here. Payton would probably be too. They'd be rebuilding in a draft full of PG'S and Payton isn't any better than Collison who can actually shoot. You'd have to give up Vuch, AG, or Mario or both with first rounders.

You'd still have Green, Biz, Meeks, and Augustin on your bench.

Go into FA filling in the gaps.

When you trade a star, everyone knows you don't get every awesome player in return. You get some youth, potential, draft picks or salary relief.

I rather build around a star than build around 2nd 3rd option players. That's a treadmill team.

there's no way we get cousins with that package. we have to outbid too many teams.

I bet it'd be http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j4m2rsy

and if we keep Ibaka and payton and run payton-fournier-green-Ibaka-cousins then great.

but that doesn't happen.

im listening to the lowe post-windhorst podcast.

don't know why you guys think its in relations to cousins. they mention we're shopping payton and vucevic. So we're looking at PGs and probably SFs.

Lowe asked Windhorst about Orlando and Windhorst responded "possible Cousins destination." Then went on how we've been talking to them for weeks.

Lowe asked Windhorst about Orlando and Windhorst responded "possible Cousins destination." Then went on how we've been talking to them for weeks.

no this is what they said.

talking about teams that should tank

Windhorst "can we talk trades really quick?"

Lowe "sure!"

W "don't you think Portland, Orlando, and sacramento should be locked in a room and don't come out until the three of you should trade players to help each other because they've been talking for weeks. they have pieces that can help eachother"

L "Its funny another front office guy told me there's a triangle of desperation stretching from Miami to Washington to sacramento and maybe a rhombus if you add Orlando. I cant... what is Orlando's endgame in this? I've heard paytons name mentioned a little bit and there's a report out there that they're a possible cousins destination but they already have 9000 centers already are they going to trade all of them? I cant figure... I can figure out Miami, I can figure out Washington who is in desperation save our ass mode I can figure out sacramento obviously although they're in the 8th seed right now and they have rudy gay who is so desperate to get out of there he just fired his agent because he's not out yet. I can figure out all of those teams but I cant figure out Orlando"

W: " ok sacramento and Orlando need point guards and phoenix has, I dunno, there's varying opinions on this, but Brandon Knight can theoretically play point guard"

L: "He can not play point guard. Vlade might think so"

W: "Brandon Knight for Rudy Gay, can you see that?"

L: "Provided a third team takes Rudy Gay...." "I guess phoenix gets out of a contract they don't want"

W: "and that's why you gotta just lock them into a room. Orlando wants to trade Vucevic and they're kinda done with Payton too"

L: "If they're really done with elfrid payton its amazing. First of all Elfrid Payton has strung a few really good games off the bench for Orlando"

W: "I think Orlando is a spot for Dragic as well"

L: "Sure, but boy elfrid has been a spot of so much internal drama there with it being the difference point between scott skiles and the front office there. scott skiles just didn't think elfrid payton was good. and the front office had a lot invested to get him."

And end scene.

eh, if we make that trade it'd likely be gay for vucevic straight up.

That's what I'm thinking too. If that trade does happen I hope they're smart enough to move Ibaka to center and Gordon to PF.

Ibaka, Gordon, Gay, Fournier, and Augustin isn't bad. At least we'd have more scoring and balance in the starting lineup. With this maybe Hezonja gets more tick at the SF spot with Green backing up Gordon

there's no way we get cousins with that package. we have to outbid too many teams.

I bet it'd be http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j4m2rsy

and if we keep Ibaka and payton and run payton-fournier-green-Ibaka-cousins then great.

but that doesn't happen.

Nah man that's way to much. Never have I seen a trade for a disgruntled, problematic star player where so much comes back in return.

I can see Boston outbidding because Ainge is desperate but not her team is giving up the farm like that for Cousins.

That would be AWFUL.

whats awful?

if we're just talking about Rudy Gay, ok sure he's on an expiring deal so who cares. we get another guy to make buckets. we get Gordon back at 4. we have minutes opened up for different lineups.

if it's Vucevic is worth more than Rudy gay you need to re-evaluate Vucevic's value.

no this is what they said.

talking about teams that should tank

Windhorst "can we talk trades really quick?"

Lowe "sure!"

W "don't you think Portland, Orlando, and sacramento should be locked in a room and don't come out until the three of you should trade players to help each other because they've been talking for weeks. they have pieces that can help eachother"

L "Its funny another front office guy told me there's a triangle of desperation stretching from Miami to Washington to sacramento and maybe a rhombus if you add Orlando. I cant... what is Orlando's endgame in this? I've heard paytons name mentioned a little bit and there's a report out there that they're a possible cousins destination but they already have 9000 centers already are they going to trade all of them? I cant figure... I can figure out Miami, I can figure out Washington who is in desperation save our ass mode I can figure out sacramento obviously although they're in the 8th seed right now and they have rudy gay who is so desperate to get out of there he just fired his agent because he's not out yet. I can figure out all of those teams but I cant figure out Orlando"

W: " ok sacramento and Orlando need point guards and phoenix has, I dunno, there's varying opinions on this, but Brandon Knight can theoretically play point guard"

L: "He can not play point guard. Vlade might think so"

W: "Brandon Knight for Rudy Gay, can you see that?"

L: "Provided a third team takes Rudy Gay...." "I guess phoenix gets out of a contract they don't want"

W: "and that's why you gotta just lock them into a room. Orlando wants to trade Vucevic and they're kinda done with Payton too"

L: "If they're really done with elfrid payton its amazing. First of all Elfrid Payton has strung a few really good games off the bench for Orlando"

W: "I think Orlando is a spot for Dragic as well"

L: "Sure, but boy elfrid has been a spot of so much internal drama there with it being the difference point between scott skiles and the front office there. scott skiles just didn't think elfrid payton was good. and the front office had a lot invested to get him."

And end scene.

lol that's exactly what I said. I just got Windhorst mixed up with Lowe.

It was Windhorst who said we've been talking to them for weeks.